Start and stopping breastfeeding

LoveandPeace_

Reaction score
Only at a day old, i started out breastfeeding, went well for the first few latches, then my nipples became cracked and bleeding. I couldn't take the pain and switched to bottle feeding which baby does not like! I really want to breastfeed again when my nipples are better. Will this be possoble?

It's really best to push through the pain and work on a proper latch. Can you request a lC?

It is in theory possible but it would be a lot of hard work. Those first days/weeks are very important for establishing supply as it tells your body how any babies you have and how much milk they will need etc. if you seriously want to then I'd suggest contacting a lactation consultant as the previous poster suggested to sort latch and get some advice on ensuring you have a sufficient supply.

Could you pump in lieu of feeding for the meantime?

It is but you need to feed through sore nipples otherwise you'll not establish and maintain a good supply. You need to ensure you have a fab latch and well practised which means you need to work at it and work through the pain and discomfort to be able to toughen up your nipples and get the practice in to perfect your feeding relationship with your little one. You're both learning this new skill and practice and help really does make perfect but you need to stick at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->