start into to cows milk now?

BabyMamma93

Mummy of a Easter baby
Reaction score
so M is one in 5 weeks! ill be honest he doesnt have 3 meals EVERY DAY he may sometimes not have lunch as he is sleeping, but he does most days.

I was talking to a girl on facebook a couple of weeks ago, she said when her baby was 10 month old and having at least 2 meals a day (breakfast and dinner) that she gave her baby cows milk, she only gave formula morning and night. would i be okay to do this now?

Yes, my LB is 1 in 8 days and we've switched formula to cows milk completely now as he's finished his last tub of formula.
I'd personally either start introducing more snacks or try and give him lunch once he's awake though so he's getting 3 meals x

I would say it's fine to start making the transition to cow's milk now. We started just before 11 months, but only with 1/2 of one bottle a day. Then I increased the amount of cow's milk to formula by about 1 bottle per day each week until we switched entirely at 1 year. So at nearly 11 months, she had just 1/2 of her late afternoon bottle as milk (the other half formula) along with a snack. Then I made that one entirely cow's milk the next week. Then the week after we did the early afternoon bottle as cow's milk, etc. I wouldn't make a sudden change in case your LO needs time to adjust, but I would say, yes, I would consider starting to transition now if you want.

As far as meals, it doesn't have anything to do with how many meals a day they have, of course, but certainly you can always squeeze a meal or a snack in. It doesn't have to be at 'lunch time' and it doesn't have to be hot. Crackers and cheese, toast fingers with peanut butter, a banana with some yogurt, are all perfectly fine meals, even if you don't have time to cook or they are after naptime at a non-mealtime time.

thanks ladies, i always worry that im doing something wrong if he doesnt have breakfast lunch and dinner, he has breakfast every morning, he then has a bottle after that. Lunch is usually something small anyway but dinner he has what we are having as long as he can, its only really lunch i sometimes struggle to fit in, he has dinner pretty late though so i suppose a late lunch or just a snack wont hurt.
I will start now then introducing cows milk, maybe half a bottle of cows milk to begin with and go from there.
thanks again :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->