Start stop labour - tired and frustrated!!

Mel_jj

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

So when I was 35+6 I had 12 hours of contractions and had to stay in hospital to be monitored and was dilated 2-3cms and baby was engaged but then it all just stopped so now im 38+5 and yday I had contractions all day although they were irregular some coming every 2mins and then spacing out to every 10-12 mins although all the contractions were lasting around a minute if not slightly longer!!! Then guess what they all stopped around 8.30pm.

Had a bath with clary sage in it and then got hubby to massage some into my back and bump then we :sex: and I went to sleep but woke up for a wee at around 3.20am then shortly after getting back in bed the contractions started again but were stronger and coming around 5-6mins apart for around 2 hours then spaced out a bit to every 10mins then guess what they stopped again at about 7.45am :cry: and had nothing since!!! :wacko::growlmad:

I have been taking/inserting EPO and taking RLT (i know they won't start labour just help prepare the body) and I have been bouncing on my ball, walking and DTD and only used the clary sage for the first time last night.

Does anyone have any tips/ideas/experiences of how I can get the contractions to regulate and not fizzle out!!! This is all new to me as previously had very quick labour DS1 was 7 hours and DS2 was 3 I never had any of this stop start business!!!!! :cry::nope:

I wish I knew...I've been having the same problem. I've personally just given up any efforts to "start labor" as it usually just gives me hours of discomfort in the form of contractions that are painful and fizzle out. Figure if it's not going to end in real labor I may as well just wait it out!

Nipple stimulation really worked for me to bring on strong contractions, you have to do a lot though. Hope baby comes soon, must be very frustrating!!! X

I have read that a baby that does not have it's chin tucked or is posterior, your body will start labor then stop when it can't move the baby down.
Get on spinningbabies.com and read about tips for getting baby into the best position, then maybe the next time your contractions start up, they'll keep going :)

Thanks for your replies ladies! Its just so frustrating and with having 2 already its difficult as every time it feels exactly like my other labours and so I think I need them to be taken care of for it all to then just stop! Will definitely look at that sight! I hope our babies decide to come into the world soon! I have a reflexology session in the morning so maybe that will help things as well!

I have the same issue. I do think it had to do with baby's position. I had this with my last 4 and they were all posterior. I seem them as early labor and know it means when "real" labor stays it will go quicker.

I know he isn't posterior (is that back to back?) as his back is on the left front side of my bump but whether he has his head not tucked like the other poster said I do not know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->