Start Taking Folic Acid Now Or After..??

E

emilyrose.x

Hey Ladies <3

Currently going through a natural MC :( but me and my partner are wanting to start trying straight away as soon as I stop bleeding..

Stopped taking my Folic Acid tablets as soon as I started having a MC and am still currently having alot of blood loss, so think im only half way through the process. Just wondered what people think is best too do?

Shall I start taking it again during my MC? or as soon as I stop bleeding?
:shrug:

Help needed please girlies..

Em xx

:dust:

I was like you that I stopped taking my pre natals and folic acid when I miscarried. I have only started taking folic acid again for the last month or two when I got more serious about TTC. I would give yourself a break from it until you stop bleeding you have enough to think about. :hugs:

Thanks grandbleu :hugs:

Wasnt sure what best thing to do was, so confused about it all.. had a trip to Tesco earlier and got me thinking about everything, how last time i went in there i was looking at baby clothes with my OH and how great of a feeling being pregnant was :( Wasnt sure if it was best to start taking again during MC so was already in my system for the next time?

Fingers crossed we will get our BFP's soon aye :) <3

:hugs:

Em xx

Really hope you dont mind me posting here (i used to a few months ago then obviously moved over). But i never stopped taking my folic acid on the advice of the nurse dealing with me during my mc. Been on it about 1 year 3 months now but i found it did no harm to keep taking it. Good luck ladies and im sorry for your losses :flower:

I am so sorry for your loss. I had a natural mc 2 weeks ago and personally i carried on taking them throughout and still am now i am thinking of ttc again to keep my levels up. I wouldnt worry if you forget but they wont do you any harm either. hugs

From what I was told, it takes about 3 months for the folic acid to build in your system for a potental pregnancy to get the maximum benefit from it. I say keep taking it.

Thanks ladies :hugs:
All your advice has been great on here!! Im sorry to hear about your losses <3

Holly congrats about being pregnant hun x

Think il start taking it again and then it will be back in my system for when we start trying again .. Fingers crossed it wont take too long! x

Big hugs too you all :hugs:

Em xx

Hey chick sorry about your loss.
well iv continued to take mine since my miscarriage throughout 1 period, and now ttc.
they take a while to get into your system so seems a waste to stop taking them when your body has the folic in already and you'd have to start taking them if you started to ttc again when your ready.
once your bleeding has stopped youl feel much better. and continuing to take vitamins makes me feel as thou im working towards a new pregnancy and it keeps me sane :)
hope you feel much better soon x

x

I just m/c on Christmas and I've kept taking mine. I really want these next 2 weeks to hurry up so we can start TTC again. I'm hoping I O soon. My bleeding has almost stopped today. Mine was natural too, twins though :( I'm so sorry you are going through this too.

I stopped for a couple of days, but then thought I'd rather carry on, i've been taking them for over a year now just about constantly....

mommyandbump - thanks hunny <3
Iv had alot of clots in last couple of days so think im half way through or trailing towards the end of it, when the bleeding stops should feel alot better then we can try again, took my first folic acid this morning because like you said, if its already in my system seems a waste dunt it? thankyou :) <3 :hugs: xx

mami2karina - Im sorry to hear about your loss hun <3 twins? :( big hugs to you :hugs: Pregnancy dust to you all :dust: xx

sparkle - i stopped taking mine as soon as i started having a MC :( wished i had taken them through now though so they were still in my system x

Thanks for advice ladies <3
xx

Hi emilyrose, I know I'm repeating what some others have said but my nurse at the EPAU (hospital) also advised me to keep taking folic acid during my MC :hugs: xxxx

Thank you Mrs M :hugs:
Sorry to hear about your loss <3
Started taking it again this morning so it will already be in my system <3

Em xx

Yep, defenitely keep taking it if you intend to keep trying.

Good luck, hunni! :dust:

I'm still taking my Folic Acid, as well as a Vitamin C with Zinc. I'm very run down from the bleeding and swine flu.

Pip x

Thank you Omi :) :hugs: xx

pip - swine flu?? hope you get better soon hun :hugs: Vitamin C with Zinc , are they best vitamins to take when you are trying? Not very good about knowing my vitamins lol. Em x

The pharmacist recommended the vitamin c with zinc to build my immunity up. With all the blood loss and ongoing fatigue from the flu I was looking for something to pick me up. Other than the Folic acid I'm not taking anything else pre-natal.

I believe quite a lot of ladies like to take a pre-natal multi vitamin. I find that they bung me up so I tend to steer clear of them.

Pip x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->