started BLW!

oct-bump

Reaction score
Well, today we started BLW! Elle had a few licks of a bannana and a few licks of a steak. She enjoyed it. She gave the food funny looks at first. It was funny to watch. Then when she was finished I gave her a toy and she got mad when she put the toy in her mouth - she probably expected it to taste better than plastic :haha:

Do you think I'm starting her too early? I only plan to give her food on the weekends and maybe once or twice during the week.

ive let Hannah try a few things like Bannah. omg she loves it!! :)

its brill to watch isnt it

She is unlikely to eat anything at this age so there probably isn't any harm in offering her things like fruit and veg, but personally i wouldn't be offering meat yet, or any other stuff that they really should be 6 months before having, just in case she does manage to eat some! :)

We started BLW with Adam at just after 5 months and he seemed to really enjoy it. We also stuck to fruit & veg for the first week, then added rice cakes, but not really meat till he was almost 6 months. He managed fine though he didn't ingest much, but it was good to get us into the routine of it all and him used to sitting in the high chair and handling different things. We didn't offer solids every day and not 3x a day, but gradually increased and now he eats with us every day. I also was concerned that we were starting a little early but I figured, after reading the Rapley book, that if he was able to sit ok and was interested in the food then there probably wouldn't be any harm in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->