Started losing mucus plug!!!!

Teabella

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I think I've started losing my mucus plug! No bloody show though - but hoping this means my baby is thinking about making a move this week. I also had cramps yesterday (just like period pains - v mild though). Probably TMI - but I've also had a lot more bowel movements over the last week. How long do you think I've got before labour starts? I guess I should really get on and finish packing my hospital bag:)

Hi I've had the same as you. Lots of plug being loss (but apparently that can happen anytime & not mean much) not had a bloody show either. Mild cramping yesterday & today is her due date. Also have a sweep today. So am crossing my fingers. Keep us updated if anything progresses :) x

Good to know that someone else is in the same situation- let's keep each other updated:) Good luck for your sweep today - I'm sure this will speed things up if you've already started losing your plug.

I've been losing mine since yesterday! Ugh its gross the things we get excited about during pregnancy LOL. I have contractions last night but to no avail! Good luck ladies :)

I've been losing mine since yesterday! Ugh its gross the things we get excited about during pregnancy LOL. I have contractions last night but to no avail! Good luck ladies :)

He he! I've been so happy seeing all that gunk - nearly showed my husband last night:) Good luck to you too!

No further update from me - no more cramps. Continuing to lose bits of plug - but that's all.

Yeah I have had no contractions or cramps all day today :( Still losing bits of plug though! I have an appt tomorrow so maybe when they check me I will be dilated or my waters will break haha wishful thinking!

Any updates, ladies?

Nothing from me. Lost a bit more plug but no signs of her coming just yet.

On the upside, I managed to sleep through the night last night for the first time in ages - no idea why, but was lovely!

Teabella nothing to report from me either, had another sweep today. Had a few cramps again & back ache. Am 4+cm dilated but still no proper contractions. Think she's comfy in their lol
Keep updated xx

With my first:

36+1: Starting losing my plug
36+5: Waters started leaking
37: Bloody show, Contractions started
37+1: Myka was born :D

Good luck ladies x

Teabella nothing to report from me either, had another sweep today. Had a few cramps again & back ache. Am 4+cm dilated but still no proper contractions. Think she's comfy in their lol
Keep updated xx

Wow! 4cm!!!! Really can't be long for you though. how was the sweep?

MrsH1980 - Thanks for sharing. So maybe I've got a few days yet then :)

Yerp 4cm+ but not really having contractions. Tried walking but still nothing going on really. Don't think she will be here anytime soon :( getting very impatient now. Sweep was ok it is quite painful but more uncomfortable. Xx

Yerp 4cm+ but not really having contractions. Tried walking but still nothing going on really. Don't think she will be here anytime soon :( getting very impatient now. Sweep was ok it is quite painful but more uncomfortable. Xx

Sorry to hear it was uncomfortable. Any further progress as yet?

No major updates from me - I didn't sleep last night at all and have been feeling crampy on and off through the day. Generally feel like I want to stay in and avoid people - but nothing else yet.

I was checked yesterday after losing my plug over 3 days and I only changed from a finger tip dilated to 1 cm dilated. Ugh! My cervix is very thick still and baby is very high. I'm very bummed about it! I'm wishing for discomfort or contractions at this point! LOL.

I was checked yesterday after losing my plug over 3 days and I only changed from a finger tip dilated to 1 cm dilated. Ugh! My cervix is very thick still and baby is very high. I'm very bummed about it! I'm wishing for discomfort or contractions at this point! LOL.

I'm exactly the same - lost my plug on sunday and nothing has happened since. I'm in the UK so we don't have internals so I have no idea whether my cervix has started dilating or not. The fact that you've started dilating is a really good sign though so hopefully it will kick off soon. Funny how we want to feel some pain in order to know that things are progressing!

I can't believe you don't get internals. I would be going crazy guessing my progress! We are due the same day! So hopefully we both start something soon! Keep me updated :)

Hi girls just wanted to Update you. After my second sweep I was 4cm+ on Tuesday. Nothing happened Tuesday during the day but 4am Wednesday morning I started having contractions. By 6.57am she was here :) so don't give up!! & keep moving xx

Hi girls just wanted to Update you. After my second sweep I was 4cm+ on Tuesday. Nothing happened Tuesday during the day but 4am Wednesday morning I started having contractions. By 6.57am she was here :) so don't give up!! & keep moving xx

Oh wow! Congratulations - that's fab news! And such a quick birth as well. Just shows you how quickly things can change. Thanks for updating us.

I started losing my plug Sunday like I previously stated, and I am STILL losing it today, it seems like even more. Is this normal? Just want some advice/opinions?

And congrats on your little one!!!

I started losing my plug Sunday like I previously stated, and I am STILL losing it today, it seems like even more. Is this normal? Just want some advice/opinions?

And congrats on your little one!!!
Yes the more you get the better! Sadly... Once it starts getting bloody you know your even closer (midwife told me that the first time she did a sweep)
good luck & will be looking out for the announcements from you both :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->