Started losing mucus plug!!!!

I started losing my plug Sunday like I previously stated, and I am STILL losing it today, it seems like even more. Is this normal? Just want some advice/opinions?

And congrats on your little one!!!
Yes the more you get the better! Sadly... Once it starts getting bloody you know your even closer (midwife told me that the first time she did a sweep)
good luck & will be looking out for the announcements from you both :) xx

I've stopped losing plug over the last day or so - and havent seen any signs of blood. I went to the midwife today and baby is still in the right position and full engaged - I guess its just a waiting game now.

How was your birth Jem-Jem?

I'm actually really glad I stumbbled upon this post. I remember reading that a lot were losing their plugs real early (34-36 weeks) and was wondering if I had missed mine or if it was even going to come out (I've heard that a lot of women don't even loose theirs until they give birth). As weird (and gross, lol) as it sounds, I was really looking forward to seeing mine. And then hurrying OH over to have a look as well. (I love grossing him out, like with my 'cat butt belly button') :haha:

Anyway, I'm glad that I can still be on the look out for my plug. I got checked again today and I'm thinning out but just barely beginning to dilate (I think she called it a 'finger poke' dilation). My pelvis has been sore and I have had some mild period like pains, but that might just be from LO sitting so low. I still have almost two weeks until our EDD, so I guess I'll update when the plug shows.

Thanks, ladies. :flower:

I started losing my plug Sunday like I previously stated, and I am STILL losing it today, it seems like even more. Is this normal? Just want some advice/opinions?

And congrats on your little one!!!
Yes the more you get the better! Sadly... Once it starts getting bloody you know your even closer (midwife told me that the first time she did a sweep)
good luck & will be looking out for the announcements from you both :) xx

I've stopped losing plug over the last day or so - and havent seen any signs of blood. I went to the midwife today and baby is still in the right position and full engaged - I guess its just a waiting game now.

How was your birth Jem-Jem?

Well contractions started about 4am wednesday morning, they got stronger by 4.45am so i rang the hospital & they asked me to go in.
I got checked over & I was 5cm dilated so they said I should stay & go to the birthing unit. Once in my room I got in the bath, my contractions came alot faster & quicker. So I got on the gas & air which helped. After half an hour my partner said that I looked like I needed to push. I said I think your right get the midwife. (I was still in the bath at this point waiting for the midwife to come back & take me to the birthing pool) she told me to start pushing. I gave a few good pushes & at 6.57am she was finally here! Delivered in the bath!!
6lb 1oz
Thanks for your support lady's :) x

Jem-Jem - I'm so glad things went well with your birth - so quick. Can't believe you were still in the bath! I hope things move as quickly for me when the time comes.

Starshinebby - glad you've found this thread useful. I think the thing I've learnt is that losing your plug does'n't actually give you any indication of when you'll go into labour. I'm still here nearly a week on -and its my due date today! I was really tempted to show my hubby when it came out - but I resisted the urge :) I've also been having period like cramps - I guess it means our bodies are getting ready which is good news.

Well, I'm 40 weeks and 2 days today - over a week since I lost plug. No further updates....how's everyone else doing?

Well, I'm 40 weeks and 2 days today - over a week since I lost plug. No further updates....how's everyone else doing?

I'm still waiting for updates from you girls :) sending labour dust your way!! Xx

I lost mine this morning right at 40w but nothing yet. I've had the same old AF-type cramps for two weeks but nothing regular or really noticeably different....Getting a bit impatient even though I've just now reached my due date.

yeah, I've been having those same AF type pains as well. Here's hoping they turn into something more:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->