Started Medical Management yest - in hosp tomorrow to finish :(

firsttimer1

Reaction score
Gosh!

I took the first medical management pill yesterday at the hospital - and im an outatient alllllll day tomorrow to take the last two pills and ''complete the miscarriage''. My stomach really hurts and bleeding has started :(

Its all so scary. :cry:

Im just trying to concentrate on the fact that then i may have some closure -and can look forward to one AF inorder to start trying again. Thing is, i have to return after a week to check it all ''emptied'' fully.... so this weekend isnt really closure is it??!!!

Thing is, im scarrrred that i will have another MC - and i just cant go thru this again. I just wish i knew why i MC'd, so i could know if something was wrong...

its soooo hard isnt it? :(

Hi Firsttimer

Just wanted to let you know I have just been through this treatment so know what you are going through hun :hugs:. I had the first pill on Tuesday and went into hospital Wednesday for the internal pessaries to get things going (so I didn't have the day in between like you, had the second stage the day after the first).

I didn't start bleeding after the first pill so I think the fact that you have may mean it happens quite quickly for you in the second stage tomorrow. I ended up having to have the maximum 5 doses of the treatment and was in hospital overnight, coming home yesterday morning. I had the first pessaries inserted around 12.15 lunchtime and, although I did end up passing the entire pregnancy sac at 10.30pm Wednesday night, they still gave me my final dose around midnight as they weren't sure I had passed all of the placenta. Still not sure I have (although I have passed some clots of tissue so maybe) but they allowed me home as think my body will just naturally expel anything left now and I have a follow-up scan on Monday 9th May to check everything is gone.

Physically for me I have had way less bleeding than I expected, mine has been no more than a slightly heavier period so far. Pain-wise, I had a rough few hours Wednesday afternoon and did take some painkillers but then bad pain didn't return and I had no pain when I actually passed the pregnancy, it just came out when I went to the loo. I am now just having occasional aches and twinges, hardly anything at all.

Emotionally I feel ok. Obviously sad we have lost our :baby: but I am positive for the future. We took a good while to conceive and I am taking it as positive that my body did get pregnant and, seeing the sac (which was way bigger than I expected), I was amazed at what my body had created and it proved to me it can do it and can surely do so again. Obviously there is going to be a fear of another mc but a lot of them are one-offs and ladies go on to have a successful pregnancy next time. Please don't give up hun but take the time you need to grieve for this one :hugs:

Good luck for tomorrow x

sorry for ur loss, really feeling for u right now x

Thanks ladies, ive had it and will write a little report on miscarriage thread. I ended up doing it naturally yesterday as it came early. Due to being at home and only having paracetemol i was in agony with the contractions. I literally screamed the house down. Ended up in A&E until 5am - and then bk in for todays 9am app! IM shattered and off to bed now. lol.

thanks for all te support xxx

I'm sorry my dear- I truly am :( I hope that you start feeling better soon! :hugs:

I'm so sorry you're going through this! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->