Started the hunt for a pram/travel system.....

lyndsey3010

Mummy of two boys
Reaction score
Had a very exciting weekend as OH and I went shopping for maternity clothes - something I should have done weeks ago as I am now in new levels of comfort which are just wonderful! Got some bargains in New Look, well recommended.

Anyway..... We also sneaked in Mamas & Papas and Mothercare to start the hunt for a pram. Wow, what a world of confusion! Here is my dilemma. I love the Ultima 8 in 1 from Mamas and Papas (https://www.mamasandpapas.co.uk/product-ultima-8-in-1-mpx-chassis/s0004691/type-s/)

But I am concerned that its not good enough "off road". I have a dog and will be walking him with LO. I actually met a friend at the weekend who had the Pilko Pramette (also M&P's) with her one year old boy in and it really struggled on gravel which has made me think twice.

I'm not a keen fan of 3 wheelers, I don't know why I just don't really like the look of them as much although I do appreciate that they are designed for rough terrains. Basically, I am after 4 wheels, good for off road and city, preferably at least a 3 in 1 and I must say I do like the idea of two handles rather than one handle bar for hanging shopping bags etc off. But thats not high on the list of priorities compared to my other demands!

Oh and a final note, I looked at the Bugaboo Chamaleon and I couldn't get to grips with the hand lever brake so that has been poo poo'd as well.

Any suggestions to help tick my boxes are much appreciated!

Thanks girls
X

I know you said you wanted 2 handles but I got the Britax Vigour 4+ and cant wait to use it!!

x

I have the mamas and papas a3 pramette which looks the same as the ultima just its a pramette! I live in the countryside and the roads are rough here but its very sturdy and not rattly!!

I know you said you wanted 2 handles but I got the Britax Vigour 4+ and cant wait to use it!!

x

Ooooh just googled and like the look of that one. We saw it in the shop but it was chained up in the window and poor sales lady had folded and unfolded every other one in the store so i didn't have the heart to ask to see that one as well......

I am defo going to have a look now though thanks!

I have the mamas and papas a3 pramette which looks the same as the ultima just its a pramette! I live in the countryside and the roads are rough here but its very sturdy and not rattly!!

Thats very good to know actually, thank you very much.

I adore the polka dots, I'm concerned they are clouding my judgement a bit! OH prefers the Balmain print but we've struck up a deal that he can add Sky Sports to our Virgin package and I can have polka dots!

Everyone's a winner!!

x

Ooooh just googled and like the look of that one. We saw it in the shop but it was chained up in the window and poor sales lady had folded and unfolded every other one in the store so i didn't have the heart to ask to see that one as well......

I am defo going to have a look now though thanks!

It is soo easy to use, I looked at loads and couldnt figure out how to work half of them but this one I managed to do it straight away.

x

Why not go for the ultima if you really like it. (Ive had with my first son and it was gorgeous), and get a cheapy off roader from ebay, it doesnt need to be 2nd hand, as they sell brand new all terrain ones on there for a really reasonable price. Plus after every walk you wont need to be scrubbing it down from all the mud etc. Just an idea, we had a cheapy off roader for dog walking and we found it great.

I have just ordered the Maxi cosi Mura because its all air tyres and i walk my dog off road, i tested every single pram i could at the baby show and this one didnt rattle over the bumpy test road they put down to test on, plus it came in 3 or 4 wheel and i got the 4 wheel one, everything just clips on and off so can adapt easily for whatever i am doing. It wasnt even on my list before i went, i didnt like the look of the seat but after pushing it i fell in love! ordered it yesterday so should be here tomorrow!! wooooo!

nice pram its georgus i wanted that one but my m8 is selling me hers now so cartn wait to use it xxxx

Why not go for the ultima if you really like it. (Ive had with my first son and it was gorgeous), and get a cheapy off roader from ebay, it doesnt need to be 2nd hand, as they sell brand new all terrain ones on there for a really reasonable price. Plus after every walk you wont need to be scrubbing it down from all the mud etc. Just an idea, we had a cheapy off roader for dog walking and we found it great.

Brilliant idea! I'm loving it! Oh my God I'm so excited.

Cue afternoon skiving off work on ebay!

Thank you so much!

I have just ordered the Maxi cosi Mura because its all air tyres and i walk my dog off road, i tested every single pram i could at the baby show and this one didnt rattle over the bumpy test road they put down to test on, plus it came in 3 or 4 wheel and i got the 4 wheel one, everything just clips on and off so can adapt easily for whatever i am doing. It wasnt even on my list before i went, i didnt like the look of the seat but after pushing it i fell in love! ordered it yesterday so should be here tomorrow!! wooooo!

Defo another one for me to look at. We looked at the iCandy Apple and found that even on the smooth floor of the shop the adjustable handle really rattled which put us off.

I knew I should have gone to the Baby Show, I'm such a doofus #-o

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->