Started the Registry!

hellojello25

Reaction score
So, even though its still early, we went last night to start the registry. It honestly just makes sense for us since the holidays are so busy and I'm worried that I won't want to walk around much afterwards as it gets closer to my due date. So we're taking it little by little and just doing it in chunks. It actually made us more excited for him to arrive, if that were possible. Has anyone else started theirs?

On the UK, what is a registry?

On the UK, what is a registry?

The baby registry, where you go to the store, pick out the things you like, and use a scanner to put them on a list which other people can access online using your name. Sorry, I didn't think there would be different words between countries which was a little dumb to just assume :)

I started a Baby Wish List on amazon- mostly just to keep track of the things that we want to buy, but we can use that if anyone else wants to buy something. Amazon is especially easy since we're in the UK but my family and some friends are in the US.

We started our registries, but haven't shared them with our friends and family members yet. We did an Amazon baby registry and one with BuyBuy Baby. I highly recommend doing an Amazon registry since you have the capability to add items to your registry from any other site, you get a 10% completion discount (15% if you have Amazon Prime), and the shipping is super easy and cheap (most of my items have free shipping for friends/family members with Amazon Prime).

There were actually only a few that we felt that we actually needed to see in person (stroller, car seat, high chair, crib, and glider). We didn't really scan much when we were at the store. I've been completing the rest of my registry online - I prefer to do it that way as it gives me more time to compare prices, read through reviews, etc.

Good luck and have fun! :)

Family have been bugging me for a registry for a couple of weeks. My aunties want me to have things I will like. But our ultrasound for gender is five days away. (Yes I'm counting down) and it makes more sense to know what gender first. I'm not registering for anything over forty dollars so it's mostly going to be clothing and little items and gender neutral items don't look very neutral to me. I'm excited to get started shopping my mil is coming to town for thanksgiving and my husband has agreed to a bit of a shopping spree with her. He just said he would give us cards and hang out with his uncle and step dad. I think he likes that he won't have to go.

I plan on doing ours this coming weekend. I want to get it done before the holidays because I have a feeling once it all calms down I am not going to feel like doing it plus we have our baby shower late January.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->