Started weaning

Reaction score
I couldn't wait any longer! He was taking 9 oz bottles every 3 hours and having a few oz in the middle of the night. He weighs 19lb 3oz, more than double his birth weight, he's 20 weeks and the HV said to go ahead.
So baby rice - I gave him two teaspoons full and he ate the lot, then opened his mouth for more!!!! Should I stick with this amount for now or up it until he won't have any more??
I'm going to move onto veg pretty quickly, as I want to give each veg 4-5 days before I try another and would like him to be used to veg before I move onto any 6month+ food, is this ok? Should I give it to him on its own or mix with the rice?
Thanks guys!!

I think a couple of spoons is a good start and sounds like he is well ready now, tbh when I weaned Jayden he had more than just a couple of spoons at the beginning coz he loved it so much and he is loving his food now

what I did was start with babyrice like u have, then I pureed some carrot and mixed about of his milk and rice in with it just so he had a familiar taste, he had each veg for 2-3 days then I introduced another one, he has about 6 or 7 veggies at the mo and I no longer give him the rice, before I went onto the veg tho I started him with brekkie which at first was baby rusks (not everyone agrees with them) and now he has the packet of baby cereals and loves them

Jayden is abit of a gannet, he has brekkie and his lunch and tea he has 3 cubes of veg and he has 3 x 7oz bottles of formula and 8oz of hungrier baby milk for bedtime, he is happy with this so I know its right for him, I would say he prefers his purees more than his milk, in fact he has dropped an oz in each daytime bottle

Good luck, you sound like u have it all covered and know what ur doing

Thanks, i'm going to start veggies on monday I think. I can use the weekend to get prepared. I'm really excited actually, it's fun watching his face when I bring the bowl through. He was trying to grab the spoon yesterday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->