started weaning

cherrished

Reaction score
my son is over 4 months old and i have just started weaning him on baby rice only once a day for breakfast he is doing really well he opens his mouth and eats all the little bit i make i try n give him his bottle after but he only drinks an oz then leaves it do you have to eat baby rice then a bottle after too ???

he eats all his rice but only has an oz out of his 7oz obviously this is because rice has filled him up ? he seems extra happy and isnt extra hungry ne more.

Im just wondering how long after rice do you have to have a bottle ???

any ideas and tips how you plan your dialy routine with weaning and bottles with your LO's thankyou carla xxx:wacko:

Umm I'm not sure, I weaned aidan a 5 months

What I used to do is give aidan his morning feed first and then the baby rice so if the milk hasnt filled him up and then the baby rice was just a top up

Then as we progressed it became baby rice in the morning

And Just before he went to bed

xx

that sounds better too me as his milk is more important so i will give bottle first then baby rice after how long do u wait to give him baby rice ? or do ya do it straight after ? x thanks for ur reply :)

I used to let the milk settle for half an hour while I was getting him ready for the day e.g. changing nappy etc then make it and give him it

I always used to mix his forumla in with his milk aswell
xx

I think you are meant to give the bottle first..and then the rice. At that age they should still be getting their calories from the milk. Milk is more important at that age than the rice.

We started to wean at 5 months and we give half a bottle and then a teaspoon of rice, a few baby spoons then offer the rest of the bottle. We are only giving tiny amounts

hi thanks ladies u have really helped i got told rice first then bottle but i agree milk is more important so tomorrow when i wake i will give him his bottle then let him settle while i change him n dress him then i will offer him the baby rice it seems so better that way thanks again... im only using plain baby rice at the moment

when can u actually start using different baby rice like banana baby rice ??? i want him to get use to the texture of the rice first then try out different flavours x :)

umm it should tell you I gave aidan baby rice plain for the first few weeks then he got bored of it so I changed it to the falvoured ones
xx

Offer milk first.

You can give him anything that says from 4 months now.

Try some veg puree which you can, if you like, mix with baby rice to get a nice consistency and it mellows the flavour a little.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->