Starting clomid...Any advice?

mrsharper1

Reaction score
To begin with, I am SUCH an over planner. I plan for everything.. With that being said, I've been researching EVERYTHING I can about clomid, and am somehow not satisfied with the advice I've found on the internet. :haha:

I have an ultrasound scheduled for January 11th, just to make sure everything is alright. I then will start progesterone to trigger AF, and clomid on days 5-9. Is there any advice, helpful hints, or things that worked for you? (Even a !!YOU CAN DO THIS!! will work hahah)

I've only been TTC #1 for about 5 months, so I was surprised my Doctor was so quick to prescribe Clomid. Anyways, I think I just needed to vent a little bit. :haha:

Following.

I’m on day 3 of Clomid. There’s a lot of mixed messages on the Internet. My prescription says to take it days 3-7 of my cycle, but he gave me 6 pills??? The pharmacist was confused, so I’ll call the doctor tomorrow to check if he wants me to take it for 6 days or not. My cycle is usually around 32 days, and I read that sometimes if the woman has a longer cycle, you take it for 6 days. But then some people say never for 6 days. I guess we will see.

I took Clomid 5 years ago with no luck. I did have horrible symptoms, but not this time (so far). I do ovulate on my own, but I’m hoping for a boost. Im almost 35, but doctor said my ovaries are more like a 40 year old.

Good luck to us!!!

hi mrsharper...how did you make out? I just finished clomid days 5-9, I triggered last night and I have my IUI scheduled for tomorrow. Side effects were minimal...hot flashes and a few headaches. I have 3 mature follicles to work with this cycle...praying one sticks!

hi momwithbabies... how are you making out this cycle??

I actually had to take provera to trigger AF, which just happened today! So I’ll take the clomid days 5-9! FX for you and I’ll post again when something more happens!

Hope: Things are good but a little confusing. I got a solid smiley face (peak) on my Clearblue Advanced, but I’m still getting negatives on the cheapies. My temp hasn’t gone up yet, but I’m hoping they do very soon.

I have read about taking black cohosh in combination w Clomid can greatly increase success rates, but I'm not sure about the dosage or time frame. May be worth a Google!

I will have to google black cohosh ..never heard of it, but thank you for the tip!

@momwithbabies ....I always use the pink dye tests, not sure why but I heard they are more accurate! Hopefully you get your BFP!

Can anyone else see the line there? It looks like the most ultimate faint line! Ugh! I’m still early but I want that bfp soooo bad!

Attachments

• 62C6696F-3E90-4F8A-8C26-BEFC722D4BC3.jpg
    62C6696F-3E90-4F8A-8C26-BEFC722D4BC3.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 5BD7E4E3-733C-4034-AAE1-AB11B9880EBE.jpg
    5BD7E4E3-733C-4034-AAE1-AB11B9880EBE.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 6
Can anyone else see the line there? It looks like the most ultimate faint line! Ugh! I’m still early but I want that bfp soooo bad!

i don't see anything, sorry. maybe tomorrow morning with the first pee try again.

@mrsharper1 ....did you line get any darker??

Hope, I haven’t tried another test. To avoid the desperate line searching I’m waiting about a week to try again.

I think that is a good idea! Keep me posted. I will be here cheering you on!

Update, I caved and took a test. To be clear, AF isn't due until Friday so it is really early for me, and was especially when I tested before! However, I see a really faint line! I'm going to wait and test again tomorrow using FMU to see what that brings but if not just wait for Friday to come and test that day. I also did bloodwork today to make sure I O'd, so at CD 23 they should be able to tell from that right? I don't know why but this TWW is killing me! Maybe because its my first cycle on Clomid and I want it to work so bad.

Here are some images of the test.... I can't get a good picture so you might not be able to see it, but its definitely pink and there hah

Attachments

• TEST 4.jpg
    TEST 4.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Test 1.jpg
    Test 1.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Test 3.jpg
    Test 3.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 6
Here are some images of the test.... I can't get a good picture so you might not be able to see it, but its definitely pink and there hah

I JUST NOTICED THE HAIR IN THE PHOTO....Please excuse my Mom's bathroom ahahah

Congrats! I’m doing clomid this month fingers crossed!

I can see the line! That seems promising! I would wait two days and test again! Your HCG should double every 48 hours, so that line should start getting darker!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->