Starting clomid this month

He prescribed the provera for 12 days. I have taken 5 pills already so I will finish in 1 week. Then the doctor said that it will probably take 2 or 3 days for my period to start after I finish the pills.
I've seen some people post that they only had to take provera for 10 days. I wish that he had only told me to take it for 10! I'd get to start AF sooner! But I guess 2 extra days wont kill me.

It's strange how different doctors do things differently! I've heard of women who take it for as few as 5 days.

I take it for 10...tomorrow will be my last day and then it usually takes me 2-5 days after the last pill to start my period.

For me- I'm so impatient and every day seems like a lifetime!

Thanks! Im nervous but excited and hoping that its just a hormone thing or blocked tubes :) thanks sooo much!

Today I was very naseaus this morning but it passed after 30 minutes. Hope the side effects dont get worse!

Well I hope you don't me joining you girls... I just took my first Clomid 50mg pill about an hour ago along with my dinner. I have taken Clomid 50mg twice before but that was almost 2 years ago...

When I took clomid before I took it on days 5-9 and I ovulated on cd17 the first time and days 3-7 the second time ovulating then on cd20.

This time I'm taking is days 6-10 because the pharmacy didn't have my pills yesterday...

As far as my reactions to it, the only symptoms I experienced were mood swings and hallucinations. And the hallucination was the worse, but I'm hoping that by taking this round at night that I don't experience them.

:hugs: to you all... I'm looking forward to getting to know you all, and having some friends to join me in this journey we call TTC

Well I hope you don't me joining you girls... I just took my first Clomid 50mg pill about an hour ago along with my dinner. I have taken Clomid 50mg twice before but that was almost 2 years ago...

When I took clomid before I took it on days 5-9 and I ovulated on cd17 the first time and days 3-7 the second time ovulating then on cd20.

This time I'm taking is days 6-10 because the pharmacy didn't have my pills yesterday...

As far as my reactions to it, the only symptoms I experienced were mood swings and hallucinations. And the hallucination was the worse, but I'm hoping that by taking this round at night that I don't experience them.

:hugs: to you all... I'm looking forward to getting to know you all, and having some friends to join me in this journey we call TTC

Welcome! Glad that have another clomid user to compare symptoms.. and hopefully success with! I will be a little behind you with my cycle since I won't be starting AF until next week, but it will still be fun

my doc has started me out on 100 mg cd 3-7. I'm on day 3 now. I used an opk for the month of feb and march and got a positive reading on cd 17. I started getting ovulation pains in march of last year which were brutal but then turned into dull burning ache at ovulation a few months later. Doc thinks i'm not ovulating or not producing enough of the hormones
needed to sustain a fertilized egg. Hoping it works out for us all!

progestrone!!! I ovulated cd20 on 100mg of clomid...i decided to take the progestrone cream(from gnc) cd 21 and i dont know if it was by chance, but i got my bfp 12dpo...with out the cream i dont think my luteal phase would have been longer enough

Hi there Sarah Ann
I jusy had to reply to your post! Myself and my partner have been trying for the post 18months or so now, like you my periods are irregular ranging from 17 - 37 days! At the moment i'm getting myself in a right tiss because i have my scan for PCOS on the 28th of this month, i really don't know what to expect, any advice you could give me?

Take Care
Chello xxx

hi there sarah ann
i jusy had to reply to your post! Myself and my partner have been trying for the post 18months or so now, like you my periods are irregular ranging from 17 - 37 days! At the moment i'm getting myself in a right tiss because i have my scan for pcos on the 28th of this month, i really don't know what to expect, any advice you could give me?

Take care
chello xxx

on monday i went for my ultra sound to see my baby and for the very first time i saw my cyst... They were all over my ovaries... Had i have not seen them with my own two eyes i wouldnt have believed the were there....i knew i had pcos, because my ex gyn did a hormone panel... People with pcos... Have a high fsh to lh ratio, meaning that our hormones are not in the proper value to ovulate regularly, cause irreg. Periods... Some also have low progestrone, like me... I used clomid cd 2-6 and had cramps on my left side cd18, i had a positive opk cd19 we bd that day and the next. I had odd dull cramping in my uterus like 6-12dpo... I got my bfp at 12dpo. Another thing is that if you are overweight some doctors will not give you clomid, if that happens find another gyn, because clomid can work for heavier women even though they say it cant i am living proof.

I started clomid last October on 25mg since my dr thought I just needed a little push, I did o that cycle didn't concieve though. Next cycle was 25mg again and I didn't o. In December she put me up to 50mg and o'd again. January we decided to take a break and I o'd on my own :happydance:! Didn't conceive that month either. Feb we started clomid again 50mg and had an hsg done which showed everything was clear. This cycle I'm on 50mg again and waiting for af to be a no show next week! :haha:
My symptoms from clomid were hotflashes and o pain. Not unbearable at all. Although clomid hasn't helped me conceive yet I think it is an amazing med! Good luck to you and hope you get your BFP soon! :hugs:

Hey clomid ladies :D

Clomid was my miracle drug, it brought me my DS :baby: I also took Provera (5 days) to induce AF and then Clomid to ovulate, it took me 3 months to conceive, the 1st two months I was on 50mg and didn't ovulate, the 3rd month my doc bumped me up to 100mg, I ovulated on CD20 and got my BFP at 10dpo with a FRER. I took Clomid a couple of cycles in the evening and another in the morning and either way, I actually found that I had no side effects other than an occasional minor headache. I'll be going back on Provera/Clomid in June/July when we TTC #2 :thumbup:

Just wanted to share my success and wish you all the best of luck!!

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->