Starting first round of clomid on Friday...anyone else?

mod19

Reaction score
After 4 years of ttc, 2 ectopic pregnancies, and one tube removal, we are starting clomid on Friday! My dr has me taking 50mg CD 5-9. I already ovulate on my own, but since I'm down to one tube now we're busting out all the stops this month. Its my third cycle since the removal of my tube and I went out and got everything possible to help with this cycle.

1. Clomid
2. Preseed
3. Softcups
4. OPK's (per Dr.)
5. BBT thermometer
6. Prenatals (per Dr.)
7. Extra Folic Acid (per Dr.)

I am determined! lol We're moving this month so it's going to be a little harder but I do not care. I go in on Aug 5th to measure eggs/folicles.

Anyone else with me or have any advice/suggestions/experiences?

Good luck and loads of baby dust!!! I hope it works!! Let me know how the clomid works for you, I've been debating whether or not to take it, Dr offered and I'm little hesitant about so many hormones in my body.
Just try not to stress too much! (I know easier said than done)

will definintely keep you posted. I'm super excited about this cycle. Since I only have one tube we jumped at the chance for clomid

Hi mod19 :) I started my first round of clomid last Saturday..... But I can still join you right? ;) my dr has me on 6 days so far but I go in for a blood test tomorrow morning so we'll see if he wants me to take all 10 tablets or stop there?
Both my DH and I are fine with no issues so I hope this first round works!..... But not getting my hopes up anyway :)

So far I haven't had any strong symptoms which is good. I have had a slightly elevated heart rate on occasion, but I think that was because my husband had a birthday surprise for me and kept giving me clues and getting me worked up!.....long story short, I thought it was a puppy.......and it wasn't! It wasn't even a present from him, it was from my friend ha ha. So now he's in the dog house lol.
The only other symptoms are a few hot flushes every now and again but it's winter here, so that's ok ;)

Good luck to you and keep us posted on how it's going :)

Of course! We're both fine too...well minus the missing tube lol so I'm hopeful too. I don't go back to the Dr till April 5 to do a sonogram. What are they taking blood for? My Dr didn't say anything about that, but it seems like they take it every time I go in anyways.

Bummer on the puppy lol I'm sorry. Just go pick one out on your own :). Our "puppy" (he's a year now) still chews up everything! Ugh I had forgotten about all the chewing! Doesn't have accidents in the house or anything anymore...but I like my shoes...and socks...and prefer to not have yarn strung all over the living room floor. Oh well, my fault for leaving it out.

Ha ha puppy destruction :) I tried to bring a kitten into the house once and he went nuts!..... He's really more of a dog person lol...... So I think we will just set a date to go puppy shopping:)
They'll be taking blood to see how my levels are for ovulation. They might get me in for an ultrasound in a few days too maybe? I usually O CD10-12 (it's pretty much always day 11 though).
We'll just see what they say this arvo :)

Gotcha. I usually o around CD 19, so maybe this will help me o a few days sooner. We will see.

Usually it does help regulate O I think.
I got my blood results back and looks like the tablets are working..... Maybe too well! Ha ha usually my levels are around 1000/1200 when I ovulate.... They are at 1700 on CD 9! The nurse said there is definitely something going on (ha ha) and told me the dr had recommended NOT to have sex today and get another blood test tomorrow. She joked that I might end up being Octomom lol.
I told my DH what they told me but we kind of BD'd anyway this afternoon, oops!
I guess I just don't want to miss the chance while we have it. Let's hope if it's successful we only end up with one or two! :)

Yay! So happy theyre working for you! And I totally get that. We will probably bd if my Dr says not to too. The way I see it, if I can't have one on my own what are the chances of me having 3 or more? Probably pretty slim. Also my Dr reiterated the multiples thing...and I told her that the thought of three scares the crap out of me, which she agreed lol, but reassured me that the chances of three are very very small.

When do you go back to the Dr now? I'm curious at what steps they take.

The idea of 3 scares the crap out of me too! 2 I can deal with(well the idea I can deal with lol)
I had to have another blood test today (estrogen up to 2600 eep!) and tomorrow I have to go for another blos test and an ultrasound to se how many eggs I have ready. I probably won't go back to the doctor until I've done 3 cycles of clomid or I get preggers :)

Hey just wanted to say good luck i conceived my ds after 5 years with clomid & preseed & took epo too just for more ewcm as you know because clomid makes it hostile.

Hi Miana! I'm on my second round of Clomid. My first round was 50 mg and I didn't ovulate--now I'm trying 100 mg. I have a 12 day ultrasound scheduled for tomorrow and I am SO nervous. I'm praying that I'm responding this time around.

When you ovulate on Clomid, do you have any symptoms leading to ovulation, like twinges or anything at all? I have NO symptoms so far which is discouraging!

Sending baby dust to you!

The idea of 3 scares the crap out of me too! 2 I can deal with(well the idea I can deal with lol)
I had to have another blood test today (estrogen up to 2600 eep!) and tomorrow I have to go for another blos test and an ultrasound to se how many eggs I have ready. I probably won't go back to the doctor until I've done 3 cycles of clomid or I get preggers :)

I wonder why my Dr isn't doing all the blood tests. I mean I know different drs do things differently its just weird. I go in on CD 15 to see how many follicles in my left ovary and that's it. She didn't say anything about a second month either...maybe she's expecting one to do the trick lol. Im sure she's just waiting for the us to go over futurebvisits though. Ugh this is all so confusing! Dh got mad at me yesterday for being so emotional...uhg, hello sweetheart, I am on medication that makes my body produce a crap load of hormones...jerk lol. No hot flashes or anything yet, just sensitive lol.

Hey just wanted to say good luck i conceived my ds after 5 years with clomid & preseed & took epo too just for more ewcm as you know because clomid makes it hostile.

Thanks for the encourging post!

The epo is a REALLY good idea...I have some so I'll start taking it today. How many rounds did it take you and what was the process? Did you have all the bloods taken too? Or just have the one sono before o? I guess I didn't ask enough questions to my Dr.

I wonder why my Dr isn't doing all the blood tests. I mean I know different drs do things differently its just weird. I go in on CD 15 to see how many follicles in my left ovary and that's it. She didn't say anything about a second month either...maybe she's expecting one to do the trick lol. Im sure she's just waiting for the us to go over futurebvisits though. Ugh this is all so confusing! Dh got mad at me yesterday for being so emotional...uhg, hello sweetheart, I am on medication that makes my body produce a crap load of hormones...jerk lol. No hot flashes or anything yet, just sensitive lol.

Hey Mod! My Dr doesn't do bloodwork prior to ovulation either; just an ultrasound on day 12 and then progesterone on day 21 to confirm ovulation. I'm going to ask him about the bloodwork prior to ovulation (estrogen levels) tomorrow. Oh, and my DH has been getting frustrated with me being emotional, as well...I need to remind him of the hormones! It's amazing how TTC can consume all of your thoughts!

Haha after I explained that to him he felt real bad. Poor guy...should have been more sensitive in the first place lol. And its good to know that test for ovulation... That means I do not have to temp...yay!

I tend to ovulate the same time each month so I don't really see the point in the blood tests but I guess they give your exact levels?
I don't usually notice any ovulation "signs" but this month I have! Yesterday I had a quite big achy twinge on my right side.
So I went in today to see how many follicles I had.....5! I had 2 big ones ready to go and 3 smaller ones coming up! Have to go for a trigger shot tomorrow morning since my estrogen is up to 3600 (2600 yesterday) and the eggs are obviously not "releasing" which is common the nurse said.
She told us to BD tomorrow night and the next day. There will be 3 eggs there at that time,"just so you're aware" she said ha ha, so fingers crossed we get one!....... Not all 3 please! ;)

Don't worry about the husband being a bit upset that you're moody.......it's only going to get worse lol. I think it can be a little frustrating for them too. When they know it's something you want so badly they can get a bit upset for you ha ha.
There's a lot going on :)

FYI all !5! Of my eggs were only on the right side this month, thankfully the left was deciding to stay dormant lol.
There were 2 females (a couple)in the waiting room this morning and one went in for her ultrasound before me. She came out and told her partner she had 2 eggs there ready to go, they were excited with that and I thought "oh that's good 2's better than just the normal 1, lucky them :)"......... Boy did I whoop their butt! lol

That's awesome! Yay! You're odds are now five times higher. I hope I respond that well. Are you on 50 mg as well? I'm super excited for you!

I hope mine localize themselves to my left side. We will see though. I checked the dates and I won't be going back till CD 16, which is fine since I usually o around CD 19. Except last month I was taking Michaels reproductive factors for women and it made me o on CD 13 or 14...so I hope we don't miss it. The waiting to know how many if any are on the left side it driving me nuts. Hurrybup and wait lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->