Starting investigations

golcarlilly

Proud mum of 2
Reaction score
Hiya

I am new to this thread, I have been TTC for twelve months in total now and had a m/c at 7 weeks in April this year, since my m/c my periods have been regular 28 day cycle but each has been 2 weeks long and I am starting investigations this Saturday when I have to have a blood test to check my fsh levels then I am having the 21 day progesterone test on the 3rd November.

I already have one DD to my previous marriage, she is 15 this month but my DH doesn't have any kids - we have been married for two years tomorrow!

I would like advice/info from anyone who has had these tests, just wondered how reliable/accurate they are and what happens once I have the results?

I just know that the most reliable test for progesterone, is an endometrium biopsy. I am not sure if they will offer you that tho, unless they suspect that is what it is. Other than that, maybe an HSG (hysterosaplingogram) to check for scarring or blocked tubes. Both of these are day procedures while you are awake. Also, I would see if they can check your husband's sperm, because if you have kids, then perhaps it isn't you at all. Good luck and welcome to our section. :)

Thanks for the welcome Jasmak :)

Both those tests sound v scary - hope I don't have to go down that route!

Didn't have it as my :witch: has not shown up, POAS three times now and all :bfn: so no idea what is going on :hissy:

Ugh! How frustrating. :hug: Well, I hope you get a BFP and not your witch! THe tests aren't as bad as they sound. Ahhh...what we go through for a baby. LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->