Starting IVF/ICSI in July/Aug

lizlemon

Mum to Eve
Reaction score
Hello,
Today I have been to the dr and we will be starting our second cycle in July/Aug. I am very excited and would love to have some cycle buddies! So who is with me? :flower:

ME ME ME!!! :)

We have our PIE on the 24th and its our 1st cycle so im thinking we will start DR around July? xxx

Count me in! We will be doing our first IVF cycle in July/August 2011 and I am sooo scared but hopeful!

Mickey- i am very hopeful but nervous of the unknown :) ooh just think we could all be posting our BFPS in here by end of the summer! aaah xxx

Yay others! What is PIE? I am starting down DR mid-ish July fro 2 weeks then 2 weeks stimulation then egg collection! I am scared but excited. I have done a short ICSI due to a conversion from IUI, so nervous about DR as a have not done this before. I found Gonalf very heading inducing!

I am hoping this thread will get lots of lovely BFPs

Yay others! What is PIE? I am starting down DR mid-ish July fro 2 weeks then 2 weeks stimulation then egg collection! I am scared but excited. I have done a short ICSI due to a conversion from IUI, so nervous about DR as a have not done this before. I found Gonalf very heading inducing!

I am hoping this thread will get lots of lovely BFPs

Aww best of luck to you! PIE is "patient information evening" and it signals the start of a NHS funded cycle of IVF as treatment must legally start within 3mths of the PIE but as soon as bloods etc are done an results in, thats when you get your start date so im thinking our treatment will start in July too:happydance:
Lots of late summer/early fall BFPS due on here i think! haha xxx

Ah exciting stuff. Guttingly our NHS funding is cancelled in our area, so we are paying of treatment ourselves.....

Oh no!
I know a lot of PCTS near us have stopped funding but luckily my PCT allows 2 free IVF cycles and i was given funding last wk so we are lucky in that respect. xxx

That is fab news, really pleased for you. In the end, despite it costing loads we are really pleased with our clinic, which would not have been NHS with or without funding, and feel the money is being well spent. Luckily we are savers!!!!

Well that is good u are so happy with the clinic :) which clinic are you with?
We are having IVF at Liverpool womens xxx

Ours is in London as we live in Essex and its called the Bridge. We were recomended it by friends who had had bad experiences in several different clinics before finding this one and it wonderful staff!

That's good!
I have only met the clinical director of our clinic but he is a lovely man and LWH has high success rates so hoping the same applies for us! lol xxx

I am sure it will be great, first impressions are very important and a good sign. Bet your excited about the PIE - we never did this due to doing IUI rather than IVF. I would have definately done this if we had known we would be doing IVF as I had very little idea of what to expect with scans, egg collection, transfer, drugs etc and that knowledge would have made the process easier.

And me maybe!?? I'm hoping to start in July/Aug too, Africa how did you know you have 2 cycles funded by NHS? I'm in Wales and I've read on HFEA that we are also entitled to 2 cycles but no one has actually told us this for defo yet. In the PIE they said that each case is discussed in the consultation on an individual basis. Bit worried now!

Lozmo- We were told by Mr K that we get 2 funded cycles. Some PCTS offer 3 funded cycles but ours is only 2 xxx

And maybe us, as Ive told Liz in her journal, we have a follow up appointment next Thursday after one fresh and one frozen transfer so we may be cycling in July/Aug too. I'm 37 in July so finger crossed this will be the one :winkwink:

Hi to africaqueen and lozmo and Liz again
xxx

Good luck Angie :)
I think there will be a ton of summer bfps on here ;-)

xxx

Hi Angiemon. I can't wait to start meds, are they all subcutaneous injections? It will come round really soon if we start throwing ourselves into other things.

Thanks Africa you are a mine of info! I read on some parliamentary website dated in April this year about 2 funded cycles for patients in Wales, I'm pretty sure this is still the case. A work friend told me about an intensive two week treatment course in London that her friend is going on, I can't understand how that works?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->