Starting NTNP 3 weeks post partum?

youngmamttc

My family is complete
Reaction score
We've decided not to resume contraception once my is 3 weeks old. He's 2 weeks today but took 2 years to conceive so we're not preventing incase it takes that long again but we'd be thrilled if it happened right away. Anyone else? Or even anyone NTNP for number 3? Would love to speak to others xx

Hi!! :hi: we started ntnp at 3 weeks PP as ours took a year to concieve with two losses before her. We plan to really start TTC'ing full force in Sept but possibly earlier as we're both set on having babies close in age if we can help it and I'm so afraid it's going to take a year + to get pregnant again!

They do say you're more fertile after prengnacy but we bd the day before and day of O and nothing happened so who knows :shrug:

PS congrats on your new LO!! :dance:

With my 3rd I started dtd after 2 weeks and by 2.5 months I was pregnant with my 4th both were delivered in 2013 it took a while for my 3rd so we said wtv happens happens and it did lol good luck hope it happens quick and not too long I'm not 7.5 weeks since my son was born and again were going to be doing the same thing I have 4 boys and were hoping it's a girl this time around

Thank you both for replying! I secretly hope it happens very quick for us! Would love them both born within the same year! Xx

I find as long as u have a good routine it's not that much harder good luck let me know when it happens :)

I go back and forth, thinking I may be nuts for wanting another so soon but then I really really really want it to happen soon, as I LOVE the idea of babies close in age for sooo many reasons and it just seems to make more sense, to me, to get all the infant sleepless night thing done at once! Plus, even with being sick, I loved being prengnat! I don't know how it will be with a LO this time around but I look forward to finding out :winkwink:

Are you BF, youngmam? I ask because I know that can delay ovulation. We only BF for the first month but now we're EFF. My cycles came back around 6 weeks PP. Been 36 days, 27 days, then 26 [but I started spotting at cd21, I also had a positive HPT at 12dpo last cycle but then AF showed so not sure if it was a faulty test or a chemical. :shrug:] Wondering if my LP defect is showing up again? [Had that a few cycles in 2012 when we had our two losses....]

Anyway, sorry for the long ol rant! Just nice to have others to chat about this stuff with! :)

No I eff I did the ebf for my 2nd and never again I was so tiered and cranky but I'm hoping to ovulate and have a noal period so that I can track my period properly I've been spotting on and off for almost 8 weeks now but I think it's finished now and I think I ovulated last month and I should be ovulating soon so fx for that

It sucks to spot for so long, makes it harder to figure out when O is gonna happen!! FX your spotting is done with and your cycles get back to normal! :thumbup:

I'm sure I o'd last month because of cm but I'm very regular so can't wait for it to be back to normal

No I'm formula feeding because my son was prem and small birth weight and was struggling to latch and then when he was latching he was struggling to get his blood sugar up :(. I'm still bleeding from birth at the minute but hardly anything. Me and Dh have been DTD since 5 days pp! I felt ready anyways. I've just made DH flush my clomid from last time trying because I didn't trust myself with it in the cupboard lol xx

Just 5 days?? That's brave. I was so afraid of how bad it would hurt that it actually scared me until the stitch healed enough to not hurt when I peed lol
We dtd 3 weeks PP and it hurt a tiny bit but not enough to stop us :blush: Been back to as much as we can since :haha:

Clomid didn't work for us we stopped after 2 cycles then we got pregnant with our boys right away

We dtd within a week or so but I had a cesarian so he just had to b carful from my tenderness

Well I had a very easy delivery lol. No stitches this time just a very minor labial tear so wasn't anything holding us back. Didn't even hurt me to wee but I remember it very well from dd. We waited 8 weeks after her I was such a wimp lol!

My fertility should return anytime after Friday but I may need clomid again I fell on first round of clomid with DS after 2 years and no problems found but dd was a surprise though so I'm hoping my son just kick started my fertility again and I fall naturally xx

Good luck I'm hoping it won't take long to fall pregnant

How you both doing? Hope you both had a lovely weekend and Valentine's Day :flower:

We're doing great. I had spotting 2 days ago thought it was AF coming but had nothing since. Hoping we may have caught right away! Hope you's had a lovely valentines day too x

Oooh exciting!! FX! When are you going to test? We keep bouncing between wtt and ntnp [depends on the day and the mood :haha:]

Ours was good too! Mellow, but nice :)

I wasn't going to test until maybe middle of match because I have no idea when AF should be returning. I won't last that long at all though certainly not haha. I'm more ttc in my own mind but shhh don't tell my oh! Haha x

Haha I hear ya! Once you know your body it's hard not to ntnp - even if your cycle hasn't return to normal, it's still hard to think it's not ttc. Yea I wouldn't be able to hold out that long!

Mine retired to normal last month just bless longer than 7 days but got it 28 days later so I'm back on tracks I'm only second day of my fertile cycle we will see what happens :)

Hope ur all doing good

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->