Starting nursery uk

IchigoMewMew

Me, DH and DD
Reaction score
Hi ladies, I'm in two minds about whether I should chase up DDs nursery. When were you told about payment/what to take/settling in etc?
(She will be 10 months so not a free hrs place)

I’m sure a quick phone call wouldn’t hurt! I work in a nursery and my DD has been in one since she was a little baby- we always have parents phoning/popping in with questions :)

It was slightly different with my DDs first nursery because she was so small but we had a few visits and I asked what they wanted me tontake for her I.e nappies, change of clothes etc and they’d tell me when they were running low.

Slightly different in the nursery she’s in now as well because I got the job there and brought her with me but we follow the same sort of principal. I had a chat with the manager as mum (instead of employee haha) and she outlined the payment, when it needed to be paid, how much etc with me and gave me a parent pack with all the information about the setting in. My DD had a settling in period before I started working there- 2 proper visits with me and then 1 whilst I was having an interview so without. xxx

We reserved our place in August and started settling in in October (at 8 months). I think we were told about the first settling in session maybe a couple weeks before. Then we just booked the next one when we went each time (had about 4-5 settling in sessions before she stayed her first half day). I think they told us what to pack at settling in or just before when we booked it (obviously she only needed that for days she stayed, not the initial settling in sessions). So maybe at most a couple weeks before.

As for payment, we were told what the cost was when we signed the contract obviously (it's in the terms and conditions), but we got our first bill when they issued the invoices for the month we started. So we started the first week of November and invoice would have come maybe last week of October (including a couple of the settling in sessions where she stayed with them without us) and then all billable days the first month. Our invoices were payable first Friday of the month, so like a week or so later. They won't give you an invoice way in advance if you haven't started yet. You'll just get them when everyone else does.

Thanks ladies, makes sense that settling in happens quite near the start date. Might give them a ring, they're not closed at Christmas but will need to fit everything in around various family visits! Just was the way they worded the acceptance email made it sound like they get people bugging them quite early on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->