Starting school

K

KathrynW

Anyone else's child starting school this week?

My little girl has been in tears already that she wants to only go for half a day like in nursery, rather than a full day! x

My eldest starts school thursday ..im a little :wacko: about it all tbh :haha:
I have applied for a school place for ds2 to start next year aswell today..feel like im preparing to pack my babies off to the big wide world :haha:

Yup, my boy starts on wednesday. I'm totally terrified but he seems quite laid back (although not at all excited) about the whole thing!

I could just cry at the thought of her going! Can't believe my little girl is growing up so fast, she's not looking forward to going at all and I really don't want to have to make her go. Think there will definitely be tears from us both! x

My LO started school today. I think i was the one who was worried and nervous more than him...i havent slept well for ages thinking of this day...However im glad to say he gave me a kiss and said bye within mins of when we arrived. When i picked him up he was a very happy boy. Have to admit im really bored without him though :(

I am sure your little ones will be fine...and if you can try not to cry in front of them...i felt teary but i tried to keep myself together.

Would be lovely to hear how your little ones get along...keep updating! x

my daughter who just turnt 4 is off to reception next week, although she has been in nursery since 2 I AM TERRIFIED ! we moved in march and shes been in a different nursery since then and although she never said anything I think she got a bit picked on cause for the last few weeks she cried when we took her :'(

shes over excited . dont want us to leave her though so that may be a problem , but she has a home visit from her reception teacher on thursday so hopefully she can understand there she has to be left .
the head teacher of her school is brilliant though ,he understands change can be daunting and said he'd ring any parent of a real upset or tired child and ask for them to be picked up for the rest of the day and try again the next day ...x

My Son is off to Year 1 next Tuesday, he has already been in playgroup and Nursery so tbh its no biggy, he is super excited and cant wait to get back to see all his little friends, alot of kids he went to nursery with are in his year 1 class and his best friend from across the road is also in his class. I have never had tears from him, when he started playgroup he was 3 and on his first day he just walked into the class room and told me to go home :( Last year in nursery he wouldnt even give me a kiss because he was a big boy and his friends were looking :( Dont think I will have any bother with him at all.

My little girl cried from the minute she woke up! She'd calmed down a bit by the time we got to school, then when she had to go in, she started again! She was in tears, and clinging to me and DH. Felt awful leaving her behind. My son said he'd keep an eye out for her, so she seemed a little better knowing her big brother would be looking out for her, as did I! I cried all the way home though! Can't wait to go pick them up! x

My little girl cried from the minute she woke up! She'd calmed down a bit by the time we got to school, then when she had to go in, she started again! She was in tears, and clinging to me and DH. Felt awful leaving her behind. My son said he'd keep an eye out for her, so she seemed a little better knowing her big brother would be looking out for her, as did I! I cried all the way home though! Can't wait to go pick them up! x

:hugs::hugs:

aw Kathryn! Is Rosie going all day or just a half day today?

Tegan started full time school today. She was so excited. In the car she was telling me what she was going to do. It was cute :lol:

Shane's first day of junior school today. We moved house a couple months ago so it's his first day at his new school so I'm extra nervous :cry:

My LO one started big school today however, they are only attending for mornings this week then afternoons next week before starting full days on the third week as part of the transition phase.

My LO wanted to stay all day and was adamant she wasn't leaving with me, quite embarrassing really to say the least!

Kathryn - How was hometime :D lol

Jam- thats like what my daughter is doing in reception , she has a home visit thursday, next week its mornings, week after mornings with lunch , then all day x

Looks like all the schools are opening...how did everyone get on? x

Jam- thats like what my daughter is doing in reception , she has a home visit thursday, next week its mornings, week after mornings with lunch , then all day x

I think it's a much kinder way to get them into it, My LO thinks differently! :haha:

I think it's a much kinder way to get them into it, My LO thinks differently! :haha:

when i took her up for an induction morning 2hrs , while the parents had a meeting in July she didnt wanna come either , I have a feeling Amelia is gonna be the same as your little one :haha:

Give it 4 years when they actually HAVE to sit and learn and not learn through play and its text book work ;) and we'll see if its the same lol

Tegan had a fab day today. She tipped her wheelchair over and grazed her elbow this afternoon but she was happy when we picked her up :) Hope all the other little ones had a good first day

Rosie's already been crying that she doesn't want to go back to school tomorrow! My son told me she was a bit upset at break time, so he'd given her a cuddle and she was fine after that. Looks like tomorrow will be another eventful morning! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->