Starting Soy Iso Tonight.. Any advice?

Mommyloves

Mother of two
Reaction score
Hey Lovely Ladies,
I am starting Soy iso tonight and was wondering if anyone had any tips or advice for me? I have been doing some research of women who have taken the soy iso and got BFP, but the amount each one took is different...

https://community.babycentre.co.uk/post/a12154345/bfps_with_soy_isoflavones.

some started with a high does of 200mg right away, while others started at 160mg and increased the dose during the last few days. I am taking them on cd3-7 and I plan on taking them at night as I have read they cause headaches and possibly nausea. I am also taking b6/b12/folic acid supplements to help my LP.

I would also like some advice as to when I should start my OPK? I really have no idea exactly when I ovulate... I know I conceived my DD on CD11 or CD28 and same for my DS, but my cycle is all over the place, so I depend on the OPK now to tell me when. I am concerned that the soy iso might give a false positive?

any advice is greatly appreciated! :kiss:

I noticed when I took it I had almost like hot flashes... There were minutes where I would just sweat like mad! Very big pain in the butt! Lol... Evening primrose oil seemed to help with that though, made the side effects less noticeable..

I started out on 120 then went up to 160 and that didnt do anything for me... I don't ovulate though so maybe it just wasn't enough for my body... I say if you know you are ovulating maybe start with a lower dose..

I started my Opk right after cd 7.
Good luck!

Thank you KelliGal! I am sooo worried about the hot flashes because ever since I started taking b6/b12/folic supplements, I seem to sweat at night.. ALL NIGHT.. I hate it. I will have to get some Primrose Oil to see if that will help me like it did with you.

I have done 4 cycles of egg donations so my body is used to the lupron, HCG shot, etc.. so I am thinking I need a high dose of the Soy Iso in order for my body to react. Thank you for letting me know your dosage.. I feel like if I am going to do this, I should do the full 200mg the whole time, but I also don't want to hurt myself in the process!

Primrose you only take until ovulation FYI... :) I don't know why, that's just what I've heard... Ha

Be careful with the soy, because it can make your ovulation later than normal.. Which can be very discouraging!

Do you bbt regularly?

yes, I have been tracking my bbt for the last 3 months, but it is seriously all over the place.. my first two cycles I had a 3 and 6 LP, so this past month I have been using the b6/b12/folic acid and my most recent LP was 12 days (or 18 days if I go by when FF thinks I O'd, but it didn' t match my OPK so I am not sure what to think). My cycles range from 30-37 days (with some freakish ones going to 52 days..). I also only have one fallopian tube as I had a ectopic pregnancy in 2005 and my left tube was partially removed..(the dr gave me pics of the surgery and tube.. kinda weird, but glad to know what it looks like I guess?) so REALLY, I have no idea which months I am ovulating.

thanks for the warning about primrose.. I will make sure to stop once I know I O'd. Are you still taking Soy Iso? Or may I ask why you stopped?

Oh wow, ok so maybe taking the soy will help you!

I stopped taking it just because it wasn't working for me, so it wasn't worth all the side effects.

I stopped taking it just because it wasn't working for me, so it wasn't worth all the side effects.

holy moly.. I can totally understand why you stopped taking it. I took 180mg last night and I seriously felt so nauseous I thought I was going to lose it. I am looking forward to when my 5 days is up. I can't imagine taking these for more than two cycles. I wonder if clomid gives the same side effects?

the things we will endure for that BFP...I almost rather do daily injections than take 10 pills for 5 nights in a row...

holy moly.. I can totally understand why you stopped taking it. I took 180mg last night and I seriously felt so nauseous I thought I was going to lose it. I am looking forward to when my 5 days is up. I can't imagine taking these for more than two cycles. I wonder if clomid gives the same side effects?

the things we will endure for that BFP...I almost rather do daily injections than take 10 pills for 5 nights in a row...

Yeah the side effects can be terrible!! The nausea and the hot flashes were the worst for me...you might experience some pretty bad fatigue though (I sleep the very best when I'm on soy though lol) yes I've heard clomid can give the same if not worse side effects... Do you take it at night? Be sure to take it right around the same time each time.

I wish bfp could just come easy to all of us... It would be nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->