starting the dreaded potty training

Dani_b

Expecting number 4 🤰🏼❤️💙❤
Reaction score
my DS will be 3 next sunday, i have just started trying to potty train him, so far so good. i put him in undies this afternoon and kept putting him on the toilet every 30-60 mins to see if he would wee, he wouldnt wee in toilet, but managed to only wet himself once in the afternoon, im thinking DS might be an easy one.
also thinking DD might want to start potty training once she sees her brother doing it, she will be 2 in april

good luck! :hugs: We started with Hannah back in October, she still occasionally has accidents and set backs but so far it's going pretty well :)

thank you, im hoping he will be an easy one

My childminder is convinced we should start with Mog, because she knows when her nappy needs changing when she's with them. I'm not convinced in the slightest, and not about to start when I have a newborn around ;) I've started asking her about poos and that's it, and she never tells me when she wants her nappy changing. Humph.

I ask my son if he's got a dirty nappy and when he has, he says no. He doesn't seem to realise that wee is coming out of him either but when I change his nappy he points and says 'wet'. He's nowhere near ready and that worries me a bit!

Good luck with your son!

my DD will be 2 in april and she will answer if asked if she has wet or pooed so i think she may be ready to train soon too

Hannah started about 3 weeks ago now and she was dry within 4 days. I started her off by keeping her in the house with nothing on her bottom half for a day, that way she got it into her head that if she needed a wee she had to sit on the potty (she won't wee on the floor). Then I put her in loose jogging bottoms until she go the hang of that, and then she went into pants.

Boys tend to be a bit later than girls, I think 3 is a good age and hopefully he won't have many accidents.

well today he stayed dry during a 2 hour creche session, creche worker put him on toilet but he didnt we, got him home and sat him on potty while i made dinner and he did a wee, he went to nursery for 3 hours and had 1 wet accident

Hey Dani, how's it going now? We started on Saturday too, and I'm beginning to seriously doubt it, even though we're harldly having any accidents... she's only going when I tell her too, she hasn't once gone to potty herself. Hannahsmum, this you seem to have sussed and I just can't get it. She doesn't seem to be peeing often enough or volume enough to get the message - ie I think we need more accidents so she realises what she's meant to do, does that make sense? Thinking of jacking it in for now :(

had a terrible day today, had to put a nappy on him as he has used up all his under pants

oh no :( i bought 7 more pairs from mothercare yesterday, about 2 quid in sale... never thought we'd use so many, that's about 18 or 19 pairs she has now! will you try again tomorrow? I'm so in two minds now :shrug::nope:

yea ill stick to it otherwise he wont learn, got the washer ad tumble going now lol

Hello, we're starting today too for real. We've toyed with it in the past but she'd still do wee's on the floor. Shes been home from nursery since 2.30pm and done 2 wees on the potty, no accidents so far :) Very pleased.

Hello, we're starting today too for real. We've toyed with it in the past but she'd still do wee's on the floor. Shes been home from nursery since 2.30pm and done 2 wees on the potty, no accidents so far :) Very pleased.

hope that continues!!

Sounds like a lot of LO's potty training atm.

AJ started on Friday, so were on Day 5. He's using the potty with no problems :shock: His had 2 accidents on Friday and none since :thumbup:

He doesnt wee as often as I thought he did :wacko: they really are few and far between.

For those ladies unsure, AJ didnt always tell me when he needed changed. Though he started screaming when it came to nappy time and hating being changed. I took this as his 'sign', took him to choose a potty and :happydance: its working so far.

Q: When do you decide its time to try going out?
:flower:

i haqve to take mine out and about as i have to do the school run, he wasnt very happy this morning coz he had a accident while in the play ground

Q: When do you decide its time to try going out?
:flower:

We went swimming on Sunday to her lesson, got her to wee before we got in car each time. She was at childminder yesterday so did school run. I planned to go to mum and tots today but she said she wanted to stay at home and paint instead... so I've yet to take her out really!! My parents are taking her to tumble tots tomorrow so we'll see how it goes!
I guess plan a 'safe' trip - a short journey to a friends house maybe? Not too many distractions when you get there. Bring the potty with you. I bought one of those potette folding ones, she's yet to christen it though! Good luck!

We used pull up's yesterday. Pointless! He thinks its a nappy and used it as one.
I might invest in some of those waterproof pants?

Oops, never mind. Better luck next time :)
I think the odd accident can be good. (As in they feel uncomfortable/dont like the wet clothes.) I'm sure AJ will have plenty. x

Today hasn't been good. She's done 2 in the potty, 2 on the floor :dohh: Shes being a nightmare too.

weve had a great day today, no accidents about 3 wees in potty/toilet and 2 poo in potty/toilet :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->