Starting to be concerned...

Mom2Chloe

Reaction score
Hi! I'm about 28 and a half weeks pregnant and just wondering if anyone else has a baby that tends to sleep or be still while your sleeping? Seems like ever since day 1 he has been very quiet when it's time for me to go to bed. Maybe I just sleep through the movement??, but I do wake up often to pee and never notice him moving at all or very little when I do and lay back down. I always read most are more active when you go to lay down, but mine never has been this way.. Anyone else??

It's probably all fine but when in doubt check it out. GL X

It is possible to sleep thru the movements or maybe your baby has aligned his sleep time with yours - mine has changed patterns a few times throughout the pregnancy.
My nephew was never an active baby (my SIL are both FTM) so everyone expected my baby to be the same but it has remained quite active the entire time. I had maybe two days where he/she took a break and it scared me but then it went right back to throwing a party!

I'm sure all is fine with LO, but if you get too worried then ask your Dr :)

It is possible to sleep thru the movements or maybe your baby has aligned his sleep time with yours - mine has changed patterns a few times throughout the pregnancy.
My nephew was never an active baby (my SIL are both FTM) so everyone expected my baby to be the same but it has remained quite active the entire time. I had maybe two days where he/she took a break and it scared me but then it went right back to throwing a party!

I'm sure all is fine with LO, but if you get too worried then ask your Dr :)

I have been finding this too and talked to my doc about it and he said it's very likely that baby has aligned his/her sleep time with mine. Around when I get up in the morning is when I start getting lots of movement. As I text this (early morning) my stomach is moving all over the place. But at night one when I'm settling in baby moves a little and then goes still for most of the night. If the movements didn't pick up right away in the morning I would be going straight to L&D!

Both of my babies have fallen asleep between 10:00pm - 7:30am. Both have been/were declared lazy babies and tbh, DD even now is still very lazy. BUT get checked if you're concerned, only you know your baby and body.

I was like that especially at 28 weeks! I would feel LO in the evenings when watching tv/relaxing, and when it was time for bed I usually wouldn't feel him. I also was getting up a lot, and not feeling movement in the evenings. Sometimes I wouldn't feel anything until lunch time the next day! Keep in mind that LO is still pretty small at 28 weeks.

I never felt my son move during the night when I was pregnant with him. I would feel him mostly during the day at work and in the evenings.
This pregnancy she is always moving at night.

My baby is on my schedule. He sleeps when I do and is awake when I am. It is pretty cool. I just hope he keeps the same schedule when hes born.
Does baby move alot during the day? Youll get to know babys routine as time goes on. You should always follow instinct and get checked if you have any concerns tho. Just to be on the safer side of things.:hugs:

Mines always quiet when I'm in bed. I never even thought to be concerned by that...

I thought the same as you until DH told me she is very active at night and I sleep through it all! I'm awake often these days, tossing turning and up to pee, when I'm laying in bed between these times I don't feel her too much but he'll tell me most mornings that she was active throughout the night.

I momentarily get concearned when i'm up in the night because I can't feel them, but i usually give them a poke when I get back into bed and get a prod back so I figure all is well. They don't seem to move much at night when i'm asleep though until around 4 am, then it's party time!

My baby girl has aligned her schedule with mine since I've been able to feel movement. I get a fairly quick bout of movements when I lie down and then she seems to settle into a sleeping position. When I wake she wakes with these little lazy movements that remind me of someone lazily stretching when they wake up!lol! She moves most during the day and after I eat.

If this isn't a change from earlier movement, it's probably nothing to worry about. My little dude is lazy at night, and starts to get going after I've had my coffee and a little breakfast. It's rare that I feel anything beyond the occasional little flutter when I'm in bed. It could be that baby's in a position that makes him harder to feel when you're lying down, too. I feel mine the most when I'm sitting, rarely when I'm lying down, and so far never when I'm standing that I can think of.

My baby boy does the same thing. Sleeps when I sleep and I'd awake when I am for the most part.

It's almost 2am, I'm beyond sleep deprived, and not able to sleep because baby is going crazy in there, I could get sick the movements are so quick and violent..... I'm wondering how Normal is this?! I'm terrified baby will come out and never sleep
Through the nights!!! I'd actually feel relieved if I only felt during day time hrs lol

^ I find if I shake my leg for a while, or do some other sort of rhythmic motion that baby calms down. Just throwing that out there incase it helps you get some sleep. :)

Mine was a pretty quiet baby at night as well.
I got a lot of partying going on about an hour before bed then it all settled down.
DH did tell me he sometimes felt movement during the night though.
These past weeks I get some movement when I turn over, I guess she's as uncomfortable as I am!

Mine can't make her mind up. Sometimes she'll wake me with her one baby party and others I'll not feel her at all when I get up through the night :thumbup:

My son never had a schedule, Id freak out and push on my belly if I thought it had been too long since I felt him. Hes 3 weeks now and perfect but you know your baby and your body better than anyone- if you feel like you need to get monitored (i did at one point) then go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->