Starting to have doubts...

Caitie44

Shiny Spine Certified
Reaction score
About a week after our gender scan, OH and I decided on Lilia Eden Moore for our little girl. He ended up spilling the beans on the name, so we just went with it and started telling people our choice... And now it's like I'm having second thoughts about the name! It drives me absolutely crazy. I don't want to change the name, because it's sort of stuck in people's heads now... But at the same time, I feel like if I'm not 100% in love with it, I shouldn't use it. :wacko:

I'm really not sure what to do. I haven't brought it up with OH yet, but he seems to really love the name. Would it be completely selfish to try and start the naming process again? Or do you think I should just wait and see if it really sinks in as "the one"? Argh, I'm so confused! There are so many names I love, and I do love Lilia... But I'm so unsure if that's my daughter's name, if that makes any sense. :dohh:

And if we do start looking at other names, these were our choices before: Hazel, Chloe, Rosalie, Peyton, Zoe, Audrey, and Madeleine.

You have a little time, I would say wait a little while and see how you feel. Set a date a few weeks ahead. If after that time it still feels wrong, go with your gut.
Personally I think it is such a pretty name.

If you don't want to wait it out to clear up your feelings about it, just go with your gut.

it doesn't matter if its in other people's heads. It matters what your gut tells you and what you want.

DEFINITELY talk it over with your OH he may be reserving the same feelings.

Ps. you just put that name in my head! I don't usually like names that are flowers (lily) but I am really liking Lilia.

About a week after our gender scan, OH and I decided on Lilia Eden Moore for our little girl. He ended up spilling the beans on the name, so we just went with it and started telling people our choice... And now it's like I'm having second thoughts about the name! It drives me absolutely crazy. I don't want to change the name, because it's sort of stuck in people's heads now... But at the same time, I feel like if I'm not 100% in love with it, I shouldn't use it. :wacko:

I'm really not sure what to do. I haven't brought it up with OH yet, but he seems to really love the name. Would it be completely selfish to try and start the naming process again? Or do you think I should just wait and see if it really sinks in as "the one"? Argh, I'm so confused! There are so many names I love, and I do love Lilia... But I'm so unsure if that's my daughter's name, if that makes any sense. :dohh:

And if we do start looking at other names, these were our choices before: Hazel, Chloe, Rosalie, Peyton, Zoe, Audrey, and Madeleine.

I feel exactly the same. we agreed on Chloe a month or so ago and it has stuck in everyones head but now we are now not so sure!

I too like Hazel and we also have Lucy and Holly but now i have gone in a slightly different direction and quite like Rose, Amber, Meadow, Poppy, more nature like names! its soo difficult huh this name will be with her forever!

I love the name but think you should say it to your OH..I wasnt sure about the name Jacob and ending up naming my LO Jacob..I think once they get here and it becomes their name you just see it as their name and love it for being their name if that makes sense

It's a lovely name, but I'm having the same feelings about our name- Ivy. It just feels like such a HUGE decision that I want to make sure it's right. I love Ivy, but I also have loved in the past Aria and Raina and I just don't know if we've made the best choice...what if after a few months I regret the choice? I totally know how you feel. We haven't told anyone that our definite choice is Ivy, but I can see how that would be harder. My mom is anxious to start calling her by a name, but I'm just not ready!

I think Lilia is the best out of your other choices. It's sooooo pretty.

I went through this for a short time. We had decided on a name before we got pregnant and we both loved it...but when it came time to actually commit to a name, I wasn't sure about it anymore. I wanted to make sure it was the RIGHT one! So for awhile we put the name we chose off to the side and started looking at other names but nothing was good enough.

Before we knew it..we started talking about the original name we chose and after putting the name off to the side for a bit...gave me clarification that THAT is the name and I'm so glad we are going with it.

I would talk about your doubts with your OH. Maybe to take some pressure off with the commitment of the name will actually help you have confirmation that Lilia IS the right name.

To be honest...I love Lilia. It's my favourite of all the names you posted ;)

I know what you mean. We settled on our girls name after our gender scan and we then told our parents and OH's grandparents. OH's nan now starts singing the babies name to our daughter and she is driving me absoloutely crazy. That and she keeps on calling the baby "Georgina" instead of the actual name and it's really bugging me, it's actually putting me off the name. I now wish we hadn't have told anyone what name we'd chosen.

I really like Lilia Eden Moore, I think it's really pretty. If you didn't use Lilia I like Rosalie best out of the other choices :)

We changed our mind. From when we found out we were expecting and even before that we had decided on Aubree for a girl. We told some people and got mixed responses. But after our 12 week scan i sat DH down and told him i wasn't in love with the name anymore. He was relieved as he wasn't either!! We are now either going with Emma Hazel or Sofia Hazel (hazel is my mums name) and leaning towards Emma.
Definitely talk it through with your OH. You don't have to actually commit to a name until the LO has arrived! Altho i do love the name you have chosen. And other choice would be Hazel!!

I think we all get anxious about 'the right name'. Don't panic, you have time to think it over and discuss it.

I really went off our first daughters name about a month before she was born, but OH was so in love with it I didn't say anything. It worked out in the end though, I took one look at her and it was definately her name!

I think you just know if it's right or not when you see them for the first time. Have a few others in mind then even if you turn round in the delivery room and say it's not right it's not a catastrophe. Blame it on the hormones lol

Thank you all so much! Getting such positive reactions to the name definitely helped. It's certainly counteracted against the countless of comments from my family saying "Why not just name her Lily? Lilia is too difficult." :dohh:

I did mention it to OH, and his reaction was exactly like I expected lol. "Nope, the name is Lilia. That's a perfect name. Why change it?" He's so stubborn. I have until early October to completely make up my mind though! Thank you all again. :flower:

"Why not just name her Lily? Lilia is too difficult."

How is it? It's one letter longer!

Plus children find it easier to learn to write 'i's and 'a's than a 'y'.

I just do not understand that argument at all :wacko: lol

That's exactly what I said! I didn't want to choose a 'difficult' name, especially since I remember having to write out my own when I was younger and it being a pain in the butt. Yet people are constantly asking the pronunciation, spelling, if I said "Olivia"... :dohh: It's Lily with an 'uh' sound. I don't know how easier it can get! Lol.

The name has grown on me again though. I'm really bad at second guessing my decisions. :blush: But I did force OH into considering another name, should she be born and not look like a Lilia.

That's exactly what I said! I didn't want to choose a 'difficult' name, especially since I remember having to write out my own when I was younger and it being a pain in the butt. Yet people are constantly asking the pronunciation, spelling, if I said "Olivia"... :dohh: It's Lily with an 'uh' sound. I don't know how easier it can get! Lol.

The name has grown on me again though. I'm really bad at second guessing my decisions. :blush: But I did force OH into considering another name, should she be born and not look like a Lilia.

I keep reading it as Lila (LIE-LA) :blush:

I keep reading it as Lila (LIE-LA) :blush:

Lol! It's quite alright, I know it isn't a very popular name so it can easily be pronounced incorrectly. Just didn't think everyone in mine and OH's family would have such problems with it even after explaining it a few times. But I'll get over it! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->