Starting to wonder if I'm not ovulating at all

familygirl30

Reaction score
The title says it all, I'm starting to wonder because last month our first month of ttc 2 I was using clear blue ovulation (pink one) tests and I never got a smiley face, I didn't miss it as I started using them really early in to my cycle, af arrived. This cycle I got the more advanced ones ( purple ones) and again started using them early in cycle and for 6 days now I've just been getting flashing smiles! I'm actually wondering now if I ovulate at all! My cycles are 26- 30 days.Anyone else gone through the same?

I'm not sure. I thought so too when I used those tests because the others showed dark lines, but those tests seem to think I don't even ovulate. I'd give yourself another month or try using the tests with another kind and see what happens.

I eventually started testing myself in the AM and PM that's how I got mine to finally show.

Thank you for your reply, I really got my hopes up when saw the flashing smile thinking would get the soiled one in a couple of days but now on day 6 really starting to wonder.Ive been using other brands too and they are only showing a really faint line,

Unfortunately OPKs won't guarantee that you're ovulating, even if they are positive.

But if you're not getting a positive OPK this could be because a) you're missing your LH surge because it's short and you're not testing frequently enough. If you have a short surge you might only get enough LH to cause a positive OPK for a few hours. Therefore you'd miss it if you're only testing once, even twice a day. Or b) you're not ovulating.

Are your cycles regular? If they are the same length each month then it's likely you are ovulating. If they're irregular then you may not be.

The only way to confirm whether you are ovulating is to see a doctor and get some blood tests or ultrasound late in your cycle. Another way to track your cycle is to temp. It's fairly accurate but there are some things that can influence your temps.

By the way, I've also heard the more expensive OPKs are a waste of money and they don't tell you any more than the cheap ones.

My periods are regular yes every 26- 30 days, I even used the cheap tests in a afternoon and was getting a faint line but last couple of days nothing! Also the last couple of days I was getting the clear sticky discharge so I'm wondering if I've ovulated without getting the peak!

I would recommend temping! I had a few months where I didn't ovulate after an mc and I could clearly see that on my chart. I showed my dr and she ran blood tests for me. She said if my charts continued to look like that she would give me meds. But of course right after I saw her my cycles went back to normal XD

If you got AF I'm pretty sure you're ovulating. I am annovulatory (do not ovulate on my own) and I do not get AF unless I take fertility medications or am induced

I would recommend temping. I tried for 5 months with DS without success and then on my first cycle temping I realised I was ovulating much later than I had expected. I got pregnant that cycle! I used cheap opks aswell (from Amazon) to give me a better idea of what was going on. You can get a BBT thermometer cheaply from Amazon. Good luck :)

I would recommend temping. I tried for 5 months with DS without success and then on my first cycle temping I realised I was ovulating much later than I had expected. I got pregnant that cycle! I used cheap opks aswell (from Amazon) to give me a better idea of what was going on. You can get a BBT thermometer cheaply from Amazon. Good luck :)

Congratulations! Yes I plan to do temping next month now, I've downloaded a app too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->