Starting to worry, need some help.

BeesBella

Mama of 1 and expecting number 2 in July 2019
Reaction score
Hi.
I am not currently TTC but I know I'll probably get more answers here than the health section.

I am starting to worry about my cycle length. When I was TTC back last November my cycles started at 27 days long and then back in February jumped to 30 days long and remained 30 days long until my chemical pregnancy in May, I also had a chemical pregnancy the cycle after in July.

Since then they have been:

August - 28 days long
September - 30 days long
October - 26 days long

So it looked like they kinda settled down quickly after the chemical and had been relatively short, normal and non-painful apart from last time which was very, very heavy and I was filling a cup every 3-4 hours.

Thing is I am now on CD24 and me and OH have just DTD (unprotected as it's late in the cycle we assume it's safe) and I went to the toilet and there is quite a bit of dark red (now brown, old, more red) and I know it prob looks like more because it's mixed with the semen. Thing is I am worried because if it is the start of AF and it arrives tomorrow that means that my cycle would have only been 24 days long.

I have started to take agnus castus and maca 1000mg a day, I started taking them about a week ago, just to level out my hormones and everything because the previous AF was heavy and painful.

I was wondering if maybe it has something to do with me loosing weight as I've lost 16lbs in just over a month and have been walking more but not loads and loads, about 4 miles a day on average.

OH is getting annoying, he's managed to convince himself there is a :baby: hiding in there or something which is ridiculous because if AF and also because all pregnancy tests I have done since my chemicals have been completely stark white. But he's really starting to get on my nerves and it upsets me daily when he mentions it or stares at my stomach (I have tried hard and lost weight, I wish he'd stare at my stomach in a good way, not to see if he can see a slight bump). And everything I say e.g. I have a backache, it's always "Oh.......why do you think that is?" and I know what he's thinking and it breaks my heart because I want to be a mummy so badly and he is the one who decided he now wants to wait until whenever he decides......leaving me without a choice......sorry rant about insensitive OH over.

Anyway, to put his mind at rest and also to try and get an idea of what the hell is going on with my cycle I have decided to pin point ovulation next cycle and have brought some ClearBlue ovulation test, a pack of 7 and am gunna start testing from CD10.

I was just wondering if any of you have any idea why my cycles might be shorter as it's worrying me for whenever OH decides to man-up and give me a decision about when we can TTC again, I just want my body to be ready.

Thanks in advance for any help !
:flow:

If you have started agnus castus mid cycle i would say its probably that, i was going to do the same thing but was advised not to as it can mess your cycle up. Some women have started af by taking it when they were having a very long cycle.

Dya think I should stop then ?
Thing is my cycle was pretty short last cycle as well. It was only 26 days.

It doesnt matter if your cycle is short, as long is there is 10/12+ days between ovulation and af. I would just continue to take it now as you dont want to throw your cycle off again, you should get some opks, a fertility monitor or track bbt so your can figure out when you ov, especially as you are taking agnus castus as you need to stop at ov.

Just realised your not currently ttc so you can take agnus castus all cycle, but if there is a possibility you could get pg, if your not using contraception you need to stop at ov.

Thanks for your help. Whats worrying me is, all cycles except the cycles post chemicals I ovulated on CD16, as far as I know I have never ovulated sooner or later......so if my cycles are only 24-25 days long then the LP is short.
I am deffo gunna track ovulation next cycle, if nothing else, just to put my mind at rest and stop my OH being paranoid !

Your cycle length is completely normal hun. All that matters if how long your luteal phase is (from the day after ovulation, to the day before you physically get your period-not when it's "due"). Your luteal phase stays the same each cycle, but it may + - a day or two. If your luteal phase is 10 and under, it's called a luteal phase defect which will make it difficult for the baby to implant correctly, causing a chemical pregnancy.

You may be spotting because of the sex and it being so close to your AF's due date. Sometimes your cervix can get irritated and your uterus can get sore after sex if you're about to start your period or ovulate.

Its horrible not knowing but try not to stress about it until you know when you ovulate and go from there, you can take vitamin B6 to help lengthen your luteal phase :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"