Starting TTC within the first year of a new job

MamaKate2B

Reaction score
I'm starting a new job in a new company in January which is closer to home. We're planning to start TTC in October 2014 and I just wondered if anyone else had any experience of falling pregnant within the first year of a new role and how your bosses reacted? I'm sure I'll be up and running with the role by that point, and of course there's nothing to say I'll conceive straight away.

I'm in the same boat as you. Start a new job January, and start TTC August 2014.
You have every right to maternity pay, so that's not the issue.
I think reaction of bosses can vary. My friends boss was quite unhappy, and after her maternity leave she hasn't got a job there.

My husband has just started a new job. He's on 6 month probation, so we are waiting until he passes that to TTC.

If you have anything similar, I'd advise you to wait for that.

We just started new jobs in September, and will be starting to try in February. I am not really worried about what my bosses will think, they know we just got married and are generally nice people who deal fairly with the kid issues of people in the office as far as I can see - they are flexible about bringing kids to the office if they have a day off school, and leaving early for appointments etc. So the environment here in general seems very family-friendly. I think that should tip you off as to whether your bosses will get shirty if you fall pregnant quickly.

i began a new job on April and will being NTNP on Tuesday, by the time a baby comes at the earliest it will be Sept next year by which time I'll have been in a my job for a year and a half.

I was literally just away to post this question!

We are away to have some changes at work regarding opening hours that I'm not really too happy about and not sure exactly what's going to happen but may consider potentially looking for a job in the new year.
I had put it off in the last year as the way my employer works is that because I have 2 years service I get much better maternity pay ( pretty sure it's 12weeks full pay then 6 weeks half pay before going to stat. maternity pay- may be better I'm not sure)

Just querying if anyone else's work has better benefits for longer time of service?

I'm sure that would be fine you will be in for nearly 2 years before you were to go on maternity leave pretty much. I fell pregnant 8/9 months into a new job and told them quite soon after, even though my probationary period lasted a year (which I passed!). They were fine and I felt well established there although I did feel a little guilty but that's life. When you get there it is worth checking their maternity policy to see if they have an enhanced one, you might find if you hang on one more month you would be entitled to a lot more pay for example, although I qualified for my enhanced leave having only been there for the time I was there if they offer enhanced leave it differs by the company the stipulations, you'd definitely qualify for SMP, I know it sounds cheeky but it is just being practical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->