Starting Weaning

Discussion in 'Weaning & Nutrition' started by cw1975, Jan 28, 2011.

1. cw1975

cw1975 Mummy to Archie

For the last week or two we've started to wean Archie, nothing major few spoonfuls of pureed fruit or vegetables - and I told nursery I was happy for them to give him a few spoons of something pureed when they other kids.

When I picked him up from nursery yesterday they said he'd had some carrot and turnip mashed up instead of pureed for lunch with a few lumps in and that he had been delighted picking it up and putting it in his mouth, then for tea he had a few spoonfuls of lentin soup (again not pureed) and that he had loved it.

Now I want to try him on some finger foods over the weekend if we can, bit of toast, cucumber that type of thing, but I don't know how big/thick I should make it for him. Do I cut the toast into soldiers or in half? Is it strips or blocks of cucumber?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. louise1302

louise1302 mum to FIVE boys :)

i would cut the toast int fingers hun and for archie we used to just slice the cucmber thickly the cut them in half

x