Static hcg levels plus pregnancy unknown location

MrsG_TTC42012

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm not sure if I should ask for advice here or in miscarriage support but im hoping someone can shed some light or have a positive outcome from a similar situation. Here goes...

A week ago I had a small amount (only when I wiped) pinkish brown discharge, over three days once per day. My doc sent me to epau for a scan on Wednesday when they said they couldn't confirm the location of my pregnancy.
There was a space where she thought she briefly saw something but then couldn't, there was nothing suspicious in my tubes, nor was there any excess water surrounding the tubes which is a sign of an ectopic.
I was then sent for bloods which came back with my hcg level at 1236.

I had to go back again today for more bloods and it has increased only by 30 to 1266.im sure they said 1389 to me on Wednesday but the nurse checked and said it wasn't.

They said they class it as static and I have to go back on Monday for another internal scan to see if there are my changes. I called my midwife to postpone my booking appointment on Monday and she said that if my hcg is static it won't be a viable pregnancy.

I know I will just have to wait another 72 hours but has anyone else had experience of this happening?

I'm in a similar situation. I'm 5 weeks along, but hCG hasn't been rising as they'd like it.

I go for more blood work tomorrow.

I've searched the web and have heard many instances of viable pregnancies as long as there's an increase, even if it's slow. I'm cautiously hopeful.

How far along are you?

From my lmp i should be 6 weeks. I think the scan on Monday is to try and find an ectopic.

Hate the Internet sometimes, so many different conflicting stories.

Sorry to hear you are in the same boat but also kind of relieved I'm not the only one

I had this and was ectopic.

It was treated with methotrexate.

Same as magpies, it happened to me in July, whilst the pregnancy was never seen all the indications for ectopic were there so they treated me as if it was.

Thanks for your replies ladies .

Is the metho..... The one where you have to wait 3 months to try again? I really don't want that but I guess I will have no choice.

Yes it is :cry: you will be surprised how quickly it flies, I actually fell pregnant 2 months post meth and I miscarried at 5 weeks but I caught on again straight away and now praying for a sticky one so it definitely does not affect fertility at all :thumbup:

Just an update in case some one else googles this to find answers.

Although my hcg increased a bit more after another 3 days they finally found an ectopic pregnancy in my scan yesterday. I haven't had any pains that would suggest ectopic and haven't spotted for over a week but it was there anyway.

I was given the methotrexate shots the same day and am now just waiting. I had some redish brown grainy blood earlier but not a lot and no cramps but I know they will eventually appear. I have to wait 3 months to try again but I am trying to look on the positive side... At least I found out now rather than at my 12 scan in December or ended up with a rupture and lose my tube.

I will be back on the first trimester forum soon!!

Sorry to hear that hope to see you back soon xx

So sorry for your loss Hun, good luck for the future xxxx

Hope to see you here again soon. Are they going to check your tubes before you try again? I lost a tube when the methotrexate failed last summer with my ectopic (much higher hcg than you currently) and during that 3 month wait we took advantage and had a hysterosalpingogram. That's a long word for flushing out the tubes to make sure they are good to go. Good thing they did as my remaining tube was blocked and clubbed as well. I figured we might as well maximize the down time so we were super ready for round 2! Good luck and so sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->