Static shock worrisome

Kikirose

Reaction score
This happened two days ago, but I'm still a little bit worried.
I was grocery shopping in the freezer aisle and I went to touch the freezer door at the same time as I was touching the shopping cart. All of a sudden, I felt a static shock go through both my hands and 30 seconds later baby started having what I can only describe as a temper tantrum for like 5 minutes as I walked around the store rubbing my belly telling her it's okay.
She was kind of quiet the rest of that night, but went back to her usual kick patterns yesterday and this morning.
Do you think she was hurt?
My hubby says she was just awoken rudely and got upset, but I breaks my heart to think she was in pain. :nope:

I seem to get shocks off everything at the moment! From my oh, to car doors, handrails, all sorts. I wouldn't of thought it would hurt lo or cause her to be in pain x

i woudnt worry about it. this kind of thing happens all the time, its not really an "electric shock" just static. if the baby is moving around it should be just fine hun

I would say it's prob just the shock of being rudely awaken rather then pain as electrical currents take the path is least resistance so will prob have travelled tho your arms. So it was prob more to do with your reaction Hun :).

I gave our cat a humdinger the other day lol she was not impressed x

I'm sure I read, when looking up 30 weeks pregnancy, that at this age they can't yet feel pain, so at 31 maybe they still don't if what I read was true. Thinking read it on bounty x

This static shock happened to me about 30 times today from those stupid car trolleys in tesco! Pushing my daughter around in that causes me to get static shocks the whole time! I don't think it hurts the baby, it was probably more of a coincidence than directly related to the static xx

im sure its fine, it was probably a coincadance baby started moving just then, it could have been from your heart rate, since it prob went up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->