staying cool while baby wearing

Hen

Reaction score
How do you do it?? :wacko: We have a moby and a mei tai and within about 45 mins - an hour both Lottie and I are absolutely roasting. am I missing a trick on keeping both of us cool, or do I just need to lose a bit of the flab??! :haha:

Well there's not much you can do tbh. LO should be dressed adequately so if it's really hot just a nappy and maybe a vest will do. Woven wraps and MTs are better than stretchy wraps and well that's about it really.
When we went on holidays we quite often used the buggy as it was 38C degrees and Em and I would last for 10 mins.

We use a babyhawk and we both sweat a lot in it no matter what we're wearing. I wouldn't go out in just a vest top (and trousers!) but I normally put her on when I just have a vest top on then put a loose shirt over the top, open at the front, and that keeps me a bit cooler. I also carry a bottle of cold water everywhere and we both drink from it. When it's really hot, I have a bottle of frozen water that just melts gradually. She often spills it down our fronts but it's actually quite nice and evaporates off really quickly anyway.

you can get cooler wraps, i have a calin bleu gauze wrap which is very light weight and airy. i'm always cooler in my maya tie though (similar to a mei tie). i usually only put him in a nappy and vest, and i often only wear a bra and vest top. i also carry a small fan, and big bottle of water, lol.

are you certain that you are overheating in a normal manner, no more than any other person might? because i used to always overheat really badly (that was when i got the calin bleu!), i thought it was because of my weight but actually i had an overactive thyroid. once they sorted that i cooled down a lot.

eta - i used to absoutely cook in my moby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->