Staying sane between appointments

Sapphire86

Reaction score
What are your tips for staying sane between checkups? I always feel really positive for the week after the appointment (I have an ultrasound each month to check for discordant growth of the babies) but the next three weeks are like torture!

Such a good question, I'd love to know how people respond! I had my last scan at 7 weeks and not getting another one until 20 - the 13 week wait is KILLER.

With my second baby and after two losses in between my babies, I decided to rent a doppler for a month so I could hear the heartbeat whenever I wanted! I got it around 12 weeks and kept it until 16-17 weeks. It was only about $30! By the time I sent it back I was already feeling the baby move and that goes a long way in giving peace of mind. :)

I have been having the exact same issue. :-/

This pregnancy I have a toddler so she keeps me busy lol! But with my first i was going crazy between appointments and ultrasounds. I bought a doppler online for 40 or 50$ so I could hear the heartbeat whenever I wanted to. It helped ease my mind and pass the time so much

I have been sooo tempted to buy a doppler but DH thinks it's a bad idea for me and I know he's right! I'm afraid I'd find one heartbeat but not the other and I have two anterior placentas complicating the issue!

I have been feeling baby b move several times a day now so I'm sure it's just a week or two until baby a makes her presence known.

It sounds like the waiting is bad for most of us!

It gets easier once you can feel baby moving. I like to watch those week X pregnancy videos on youtube (pregnancy guru and consumer heath are my favs), listening to podcasts (like Pea in the Podcast, the birthing hour, longest shortest time) or reading the forums.

Basically I try to do things that remind me that most pregnancies are healthy and uneventful. I also do read about pregnancy loss and complications because I'm a genetics geek and am fascinated by the normal and abnormal processes of development.

Such a good question, I'd love to know how people respond! I had my last scan at 7 weeks and not getting another one until 20 - the 13 week wait is KILLER.

I felt like that between my scans but it goes so fast you don't even realise where the time has gone! Especially now I'm almost 33 weeks X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->