Staying team Yellow?

Keera1Aiden2

Reaction score
Hi there, since this trimester seems like it wants to drag on forever, i'm trying to focus on other things. This time I said I wanted to stay team yellow as I found out with my other 2 and I've got a girl and boy. But i'm wondering if i'm going to make it as i've always viewed it as a reward for making it half way and since this one seems to drag forever I'm wondering if i'll be able to have the determination to keep it a surprise Anyone else planning on staying team yellow or worried if you'll be able to?

I was team yellow with both of my girls. I loved it, but it's not for everyone. Some women much prefer knowing and planning, but I enjoyed the anticipation, everyone guessing and speculating. Everyone was so excited when I gave birth to find out which I had. I say go for it! You've already experienced finding out, why not try the other now?

Oh I admire anyone that can stay team yellow. What an awesome surprise when baby is born!
I could NOT do it lol. I'm impatient when it comes to this and a planner so I need to know ;)

We want to stay team yellow but I also want a gender reveal party. So many decisions!

I was sooooo adiment on staying team yellow! My hubby hates the idea and insists we find out :/ he's not supportive in this decision and it makes it soooooo hard to stay strong!!!! I hear the surprise is a once in a lifetime feeling ull never forget..... I already have 2 boys and found out with them.... This is my last baby and I just want to go for it and not find out! But I have absolutely nothing for baby this time, we got rid of everything :/ my youngest is now 4 and we figured we were done..... So now that I have to rebuy it all I'd love to know if its a girl so I can finally go crazy with links and purples and girlllllllll fun!!

I am in the same boat. DH and I are sooo tempted to stay team yellow but I am also a very nit picky planner/crazy organizer with minimal patience and no sense of delayed gratification, so to not have everything perfectly ready beforehand might drive me over the edge. The more people tell me I can't do it, the more determined I have become. I am also very competitive so I keep telling myself I have to "win" this. We might just have to start a support group to help each other stay strong!

I'm staying team yellow! First Bubba, and sooo excited! OH would prefer to find out but it's not causing any problems thankfully :))

I'm hoping to find out - I couldn't bear having no idea for nine months! I'm not very patient at the best of times ;-)

We planned to stay team yellow with our last baby but didn't manage it - and I remember the feeling of being disappointed in myself for caving, so that's what will make me stick to it this time! We will have to buy gender neutral things instead, and we have some girl and boy things because we have both already. It'll be a pick me up when I'm exhausted feeding the new arrival, online shopping for cute things! With our others we had everything prepared way in advance but not this time :]

we are!we found out when we were having our son but I want the contrast of not knowing this time around I loved knowing with C but I dunno id love a surprise (secretly hoping for a girl :) )

I've never heard of anyone regretting waiting for the surprise. Some people get disappointed if they cave and find out, so stay strong. It'll be worth it!

At the beginning of this pregnancy, I wanted to be team :yellow: But already at 9 weeks I'm considering booking a private early scan to see the gender! I'm just sooo impatient. I admire people who can hold out the whole 9 months! I think it would be a great birth experience!

I really want to stay team yellow this time I found out with both my boys and this is my last baby I would love to have the surprise I hope I can do it I'm already getting impatient though dh is being strong and saying I can't find out.
I have a unisex pram, car seat, crib ect it's only the clothes I can't buy but suppose can do that when baby is here.

I really want to stay team yellow this time I found out with both my boys and this is my last baby I would love to have the surprise I hope I can do it I'm already getting impatient though dh is being strong and saying I can't find out.
I have a unisex pram, car seat, crib ect it's only the clothes I can't buy but suppose can do that when baby is here.

You will get so many clothes from people after the baby is born, ESP if its a girl ( people love picking out cute little girly outfits). ( I'm not sure if people bring baby gifts after baby is born in the UK, but we were team yellow and got tons of cute outfits when she arrived, but I am in the US). that will get you started and in a few weeks when you start to feel better you will venture out and spend a fortune in the little girls section. She will be fine!
Do it!

I'm trying to stay team yellow! It's my last baby, and after I birthed DD I acutely remember pulling her up to my chest and wishing I could have found out at that moment and not at my 20-week scan. DH wants to find out though, so he will be finding out but keeping it from me. :haha:

I knew for years I would stay team yellow. 32 weeks tomorrow and still glad I did. My Mom did for all of us and still fondly talks about it was a big part of my choice years ago.

We were team yellow last time & will be this time as well. It was the most incredible thing finding out the moment she was born :cloud9: As regards being organised, baby should be in your room for a while anyway, so plenty of time to sort your nursery & people bought us loads of clothes once she was born as well. I have no regrets!

As a first timer myself, I'd LOVE to know what we are having BUT....
...I feel that after all the pain and work that goes into labor it would be nice for it to be a surprise. Yes we will be ecstatic because we are finally meeting our baby but the added bonus of saving such a wonderful gift until then will make it worth the wait for me :)
I am now 20 weeks and go for our scan on Monday but DH and I are both on the same page and as much as we are dying to know, we will wait. Good luck! haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->