Steaming...without a steamer???

steph1505

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a way to steam food if u dont have a steamer lol?

Im making some courgette puree and the recipe says to steam the courgette... but I dont have a steamer lol!

Can anyone help?! x x x

How to Steam Vegetables in the Microwave
When steaming in the microwave, the method is generally the same. Place vegetables in a microwave-safe bowl, add no more water than what it takes to rinse your vegetables before washing. No additional water is needed! Cover the bowl with microwave safe plastic wrap, leaving one corner open to vent.

This is how I do it :thumbup:

I put mine in a pot on the stove with a little bit of water in the bottom (just enough to cover the bottom about 2 cm) then I put the lid on and let it boil gently. You have to watch to make sure the water doesn't all boil out

If you're going to be doing lots of steaming, you could get an expandable veg steamer to put in your saucepans. They're very small and cheap. I use mine all the time!

If you're going to be doing lots of steaming, you could get an expandable veg steamer to put in your saucepans. They're very small and cheap. I use mine all the time!

I've got one of these, it was about £10 from Lakeland.

Thanks so much! Ive just bought one online now :D I'l use the microwave until it arrives!! Looks like a great wee invention! x x

You can put a collander into a saucepan and just put a lid over the top :) I think though youd need a metal collander, not sure the plastic one would work so well :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->