Step children

wannabamummy

Reaction score
Just out of curiousity is anyone else pregnant with first but have step children?

xxx

i have 2 children from my 1st marriage, jake 15 and mia 10, my o.h's 18yr old son has lived with us full time for the last 5yrs and then his daughter 16, and 2 sons, 10 and 8 come to stay twice a week! believe me the waltons we aint!! so in toatal we will have 7 kids spanning 18yrs, we must be mad lol

yes i do. my husband has a 13 year old son, he dont seem bothered at all, my husband on the other hand is more worried thinking that he will be left out or not have enough time with him. We have been trying for a baby for 7 years & years ago his son used to say he wanted a brother or sister but i think he has out grown that now. im sure he will be a great big brother when little one comes along. he will be nearly 14 when baby comes so at his age his more worried about football and hanging out with his mates..

yes i do my OH has two sons from previous relationship, aged 8 and 4, they stay with us twice/3 times a week and they seem so excited about a new little brother, but OH has had "the guilts" from time to time about them feeling left out even though im constantly including them in things, suggestions on names and showing them all the babies things and telling them they can help me out a lot as big brothers and look out for their wee brother etc, im only 25 and settling down with someone who already has 2 kids was a bit of a transition for me, ultimate single girl meets ready made family, but 2 years down the line and we're really really happy and i dont see how the 2 boys will ever feel left out we've included them in everything but we shall see...lol xo

yes i do. my husband has a 13 year old son, he dont seem bothered at all, my husband on the other hand is more worried thinking that he will be left out or not have enough time with him. We have been trying for a baby for 7 years & years ago his son used to say he wanted a brother or sister but i think he has out grown that now. im sure he will be a great big brother when little one comes along. he will be nearly 14 when baby comes so at his age his more worried about football and hanging out with his mates..

sounds like my daughter lol not bothered about the whole thing lets face it it dosent really affect em at that age they wont have to share any toys or anything so its all good lol x

My stepsons wife is due exactly a month before me with her first!:wacko:

Makes me feel young but I think it makes my DH feel old:haha:

Yep :thumbup: Im 20 in april and have been with my partner for 3 years in august and he has ab 8 year old son who stays with us 3 sometimes more times a week. Hes not too bothered but if MIL and I talk baby stuff or look at the babies clothes/blankets he looks over curiously :haha: he's not that fussed with babies but I think as long as the baby doesnt take him away from his xbox he'll be fine. Its his mother who doesnt like the idea of OH having a family :dohh: I think the hardest part of having stepchildren is when you have a negative parent who doesnt like you being around and part of the family:nope:

Thanks so much ladies. Kind of puts my mind at ease.

My DH has two daughters, 4 and 7 who are with us 3/4 times a week.

Does anyone else find OH doesn't seem as excited or something?

xxxx

I have a right mixed bunch in my house, oh has a 5 year old son, plus a 13 year old step son and 12 year old step daughter. He treats them as his own, but his ex wife is a bit crazy and can be very difficult! So technically the older 2 aren't related to oh and I at all, but we treat them all the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->