Sterilisation and weaning

princess_bump

Happy Wife & Mumma!
Reaction score
just wondering what everyone does in relation to weaning and sterilising?

i'm mainly going to make my own food x

I read on the back of the SMA Progress tin that it isn't necessary to steralize weaning equipment, just a good wash in hot soapy water is good enough after six months, so I believed it and she has been fine. x

We were sterilising her bowl, spoon and the ice cube trays to start with but then realised it was a waste of time as the pots and pans that we cook her food in and the blender don't get sterilised so we've kind of stopped doing it.

I did, but then the girls on here said it was pointless, now I don't bother

I only used to steralise the spoon but i got told by the HV there was no need as he is 6months xx

I've never actually sterilised anything for Sam's food - I used to pour boiling hot water over ice cube trays, hand blender etc at first but not for long as everything was going in his mouth by then anyway! He's always been fine :D x

I'm probably an awful mother but Alasdair isn't 6 months yet and I just don't bother sterilising his food equipment or anything I use to make it. I do his bottles and that's it! I always think that the amount of stuff he puts in his mouth that I can't sterilise (teddys etc) will have much more germs (especially at baby clubs and stuff) than things that have been washed in hot soapy water anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->