Sterilisation at the labour/ after birth.

Kaileymonster

Mammy and bump
Reaction score
does anyone know anyone who's had this done or is planning to have this done?

I'm wanting to speak to my GP about it tomorrow as I'm wanting my tubes tied but I'm unsure that they'll do it as I'm 22. I don't want any more babies as it's not fair on the kids or on anyone else. I'm happy with my two and don't want any more.

What do you ladies think?

In the States, they for sure offer sterilization for any planned CS. Im not sure if they offer it in EMCS though, but i think they might. I was going to talk to my MW about this ( I just turned 25 a couple of weeks ago. Which is young, but 3 under 3 is all we can handle). We are def done after this. If for some reason i ended up with a CS (im not anticipating it as ive had 2 vaginal deliveries, but ya never know), i may ask them to do my tubes at that point. I think they will. If i dont have a CS then DH is getting the snip snip...it's far less invasive and the healing time is way faster.

Sometimes being young, a doctor wont agree to it. But usually when a CS is invovled, they will. But also if you are young and already have X amount of children they are more likely to do it. It would be different if you didn't have any kids. (and in that case you would just move onto the next doctor until you find one, bc eventually you will...but i understand you are in UK and can't doctor hop like that)

I don't think they will do it if your in the uk as its so young :(

Really? It's an age issue? My cousin had hers done pretty young, I want to say 24-25 after having 3 kids in a row. She got divorced and remarried a guy who wanted kids. She had it reversed and when her baby was born her oldest was 18. Now she's having another( at age 41) he will be 20 when this one's born.

It's a matter of age in Australia too. I'm 30 and having my fourth baby and they still say no!

My aunty had hers done straight after her csection. She was around 30 and on her 5th babe though

Really? It's an age issue? My cousin had hers done pretty young, I want to say 24-25 after having 3 kids in a row. She got divorced and remarried a guy who wanted kids. She had it reversed and when her baby was born her oldest was 18. Now she's having another( at age 41) he will be 20 when this one's born.

Age is becoming less of an issue in the US but it is still a very wide problem. The thing is your cousin already had 3 children. Thats a lot different than being 24 without any or even just one.

Im 30 and having my 3rd section next week, they fell over offering me sterilization, I think mostly due to this being my 3rd section.

I think you'll have a hard time finding a doctor willing to tie your tubes at such a young age.
I'm 30' and this is baby number 4 and I've talked about this with my doctor and she has told me that I will have a fight on my hands due to me still being young. I'm going to fight though, as I can't take the pill, and I definitely want this baby to be my last !

One of the ladies I know from toddler group was talking about this, she was given the option of a c-section due to GD complications with her LO and the doctor said she could be sterilised right after delivering if she wanted. He is her 3rd though and she's almost 39. I know normally its hard to get a doctor to agree to it if you're young but its worth asking!

I'm pretty sure they won't do it at your age x

So.. I spoke to my GP and she says she can refer me when LO is 3 months old, I'd have to go for counselling to check it's what I want but she says the fact that I'm medicated for my depression should sort of give them a nudge. I'm going to get referred if OH can't get the snip (which I doubt he will as he's only 23) but hopefully we can get something long term soon.

Excellent. Im so happy you can likely get something done that will work.

We have decided DH is going to get the snip snip. but im so happy that you can get what you want! Isn't it a sigh of relief when you know your reproductive years are behind you? I mean, dont get me wrong it's been a blessing and a journey, but it's exciting to see what the world post baby is going be like. A new chapter.

Here Here! :wine:

We've been lucky with these two and I don't wanna chance my luck any more. I'm more than happy with my lot and I want to focus on the kids I have rather than making loads of babies because they're too yummy!!! I'm kinda relieved I can work on myself for a few years and enjoy being a mummy, I really haven't enjoyed being pregnant and a mum so I'm glad I won't have to do that again!!! x

Yes, i have to admit im really excited about getting fit and everything after this baby. Babies are so adorable and excited to meet this LO but im also looking forward to working on me and knowing that i can focus on my little cuties for the rest of their life and not worry about more children. ...i can't believe im actually at a point in my life where im excited to not reproduce :blush: I was one of those ladies that LOVED being pregnant and everything about pregnancy and motherhood. But since this pregnncy, hell nooooo i cannot wait to never go through this again! :lol:

but i totally agree with you. I can't wait to watch them grow and experience new journeys with them as they get older. Im excited this is the final hurrah and we can just get to know each other and love each other and focuz on the three i will have.

Plus even though you and i are pretty young, thats is kind of awesome knowing how young we will be when our kids are adults! Not that i want to rush things along, but i just keep thinking i'll be about 40 when the youngest turns into an adult. we have so much life left to live!

congrats again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->