sterilisation questions when expressing

meeky81

Can't wait to be a mummy!
Reaction score
Hey ladies

I have a tonne of questions. ..please help!!

-Once ive steam sterilised the bottles in the morning, how long are they sterile?

-I pump straight into the sterilised bottle in the morning, is this ok to use within the same day

-once taken out of the fridge and used, how long is bottle good for if baby doesnt have it all

Thabks alot

- once ive put my pumped milk in the fridge, can I top it up with milk I express later the same day?

Thanks

As far as sterilizing, I don't know how long afterwards the bottle would be considered sterile, but I know I was told it was fine to do in the morning before work and take it with me to pump into while at work. It's definitely fine to feed the same day as long as refrigerated. Actually, depending on where you get info, it's good for a few days. I've always done 3-4 max and if it was going to be longer, it went into the freezer (in a bag) until needed.

I've always been told that if baby doesn't finish it in one feeding, it's safe for the next feeding only.

And yes, you can add to a bottle of pumped milk as long as they are the same temperature. I generally pump early in the day, so I put the bottles from both times into the fridge and then combine them before I go to bed.

I hope that helps some :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"