sterilisation questions when expressing

meeky81

Can't wait to be a mummy!
Reaction score
Hey ladies

I have a tonne of questions. ..please help!!

-Once ive steam sterilised the bottles in the morning, how long are they sterile?

-I pump straight into the sterilised bottle in the morning, is this ok to use within the same day

-once taken out of the fridge and used, how long is bottle good for if baby doesnt have it all

Thabks alot

- once ive put my pumped milk in the fridge, can I top it up with milk I express later the same day?

Thanks

-Once ive steam sterilised the bottles in the morning, how long are they sterile?

I'm not sure...but I think you should be ok to use them as long as they haven't had anything else in them (within reason, of course...if they've been sitting there for weeks maybe re-sterilize).

-I pump straight into the sterilised bottle in the morning, is this ok to use within the same day

Yes!

-once taken out of the fridge and used, how long is bottle good for if baby doesnt have it all

It's good for about 2 hours. Then, if you are being careful, you should dump it if LO had any at all (i.e. if saliva came into contact with it at all). Personally, I have re-refrigerated it and used within the same day, even though you're not supposed to do that :blush:

- once ive put my pumped milk in the fridge, can I top it up with milk I express later the same day?

Only if they are at the same temperature. So you could put the new milk in the fridge, separately, and add it to the old milk once it's cold.

24 hours

Yes

If it's been warmed, use within 1 hour, then get rid.

Yes you can store all milk expressed on the same day together and label with date. Just ensure they are all the same temperature when mixed together.
Don't mix anything express on a different day in, store this seperately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->