Sterilising fluid and home birth

Tacey

Reaction score
Sorry in advance for this post! My thoughts about the birth are getting ever more minor!

I had one of those middle of the night thoughts that perhaps I should get some Milton tablets so I could sterilise things before/after the birth. The thing is, I'm not really sure what I'd be sterilising! Those who've been there and done it, did you need to sterilise anything?

What would you sterilise?? I've used Milton to clean my pool out when theres been no liner but yr doula will be sorting that. I don't know why youd sterilise anything.....your home is a damn sight safer germ wise than hospital....no MRSA at home that's for sure and all the germs your baby will live with for the rest of its life!

I wondered maybe if I should sterilise the hosepipe we'll be filling the pool with, or how about buckets we use to top up the pool. Would just a good wash be ok?

Hot soapy water is fine but I have run million through hose pipes that have been used more than once and sat for a while. :)

No need to sterilise, unless you are using really old or manky pipes or buckets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->