sterilising weaning equipment

mickey

Reaction score
wanted to ask if you do/did sterilise weaning equipment, like spoons, plate...

I read different things about it :baby:

I will start weaning tommorrow again, this time with pear :yipee:

I have stopped after introducing banana, as I had the impression the milk was still sufficient!

but now, I am really persuaded she needs solids, as she is waking about every two to three ours at night and she even starts to gnaw her fingers whilst I breastfeed her :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Hmmm I'd personally (I think) soak in hot slightly soapy water - rinse - soak in boiled water alone!

Or do you have a dishwasher? If that is cleaned on a reg basis, fod tray emtied etc etc alot of people even use it for bottles (always the bottom tray I think its the bottom. A dishwasher boil washes & steams like a steriliser as I'm sure you can image.

hmm.. i dont sterilise C's bowls and spoons :blush: i just wash the food off in with the rest of my plates and things then soak them in boiling water for a bit or they go in the dishwasher if im at my parents house..

I never sterilised Bethanie's bowls and things when we started weaning her (although she was more like 5-6 months). I did sterilise the spoons for a while though. I wouldn't get too worried about it, as long as you wash the stuff thoroughly in hot water and rinse it off properly, im sure all will be fine.

Yeah i sterilise bowls and spoons and even the food portioners i use to store and freeze homemade purees, only cus he'd
s still only 4months. I have to sterilise his bottles still and don't see it being different with spoons. Once Oliver is around 6months i'll stop .x

Mason is 6 months now & all i sterilise his bottles. My HV said that i dont even need to sterilise bottles anymore but i choose to continue till 12 months at least.... I dont sterilise food bowls or spoons, just leave them in boiling water and wash as normal. xx

in six days time, Juleika is going to be five month ...

so, I am not sure?

I would just sterilise the spoons, its no hassle if u need to sterilise her bottles anyway. I'd do that just til she's 6months, but its up to u hun. U could always ask your HV.X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->