• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Steroids needed at 30 weeks...again!

HLx

Mummy to Layla, George & Enzo <3
Reaction score
Exactly the same happening now as it did with my second baby, contractions ramped up, preterm labour on the cards, been given steroids and medication to stop the contractions, and they have died down a bit thankfully, baby is engaged but my cervix is closed. Baby could come between now and 2 weeks time and a 1/6 change of delivering before 36 weeks, exactly the same as my son, and he went to 40 weeks lol!

Been in for a night already and hopefully if the contractions stay at a minimum I can go home tomorrow, I've already missed taking my children to school on their first day today :(

:hugs: I am sorry you're going through this and that you missed the first day of school!

I hope though that it'll be the same as with your other pregnancy and that LO is gonna stay snuggled up in there a bit past 36 weeks though!

Did they know what caused it last time? Or did it just work really well to stop your contractions?

Reactions: HLx
No hun no cause yet again lol they've looked for all types of infections and stuff but it just seems my body loves to contract when it's not supposed too! I'm on house rest now when I leave as I lost my entire bloody show last night and that's when the contractions started hitting me! I'm still getting period cramps but they seem to be getting further apart and not as strong as they were over night! These little men are so much trouble!

They love to put the scare in us!
They stopped my contractions at 36+2. No steroids thoug . He was born 37+2.

Well the good news is your plug can refor . So hopefully he just wanted to get your heart racing!

He sure done just that Haha! Steroids sting so bloody bad too! I don't mind injections of any sort, but these steroids are an absolute stinger! Ewwww! Hopefully be home tomorrow if the contractions stay away!

FX for you that you get to go home.
Hopefully you can get *somewhat* comfortable and maybe get a few hours of Zzz!

Those steroid shots are the worst they sting like a bitch. I've not had them yet but was close to having them Saturday if that test came out positive.
I lost my while plug and had the bloody show on monday hon and now just feeling weird but no regular contractions like Saturday. I really dont think I'm that far away from labour now. I'm thinking another week or two. I think baby is more engaged now like fully engaged because it feels like everything is about to fall out.
Also feel like my body is telling me to sleep and rest because I feel absolutely exhausted like the worst I've felt yet. Even when my iron was supper low.
Hope u go much further yet hon. I was told if I can get to 36 weeks then that will be good. I had DD at 35+4 and she was in SCBU for 17 days so I'm hoping the same dont happen this time.
Rest rest rest hon. If u get to go home just rest. Hoping and praying everything settles and u get to 40 weeks like u did b4. Thinking of you.

How scary! I hope that you get to go home soon. You're in the best place <3

Thank you everyone! And yeah with all the signs and symptoms I also got the positive on the fibronectin test! My contractions have slowed to just 4 today thankfully so hopefully be home tomorrow afternoon :)

Thank God for that hon. I got a negative on that test but it only detects up to 7 to 10 days. I was told tho if it's a positive that it doesnt mean labour is about to start and can still be weeks away I sincerely hope and pray this is the case for you sweetheart.
Ure little man needs alot of cooking yet. Even if u can get to 36 weeks that wud be fantastic.
Just rest ok sweety. Here if u need to chat ok. <3

Not so great news on the positive, but it could still slow down, or if it bought you a couple of weeks. I remember I read every day extra in the womb is the equivalent of like 3 days in the NICU, so every extra day counts!

So the period cramps are back after all this medication, they've told me not to walk around at all now as I had quite a big blob of bloody show again in the shower, it seems to be coming away quickly rather than in bits! Stay in baby! I really hope the same happens as it did with my son and he stays to full term!

Me too Bev! These little men are trouble!

They certainly are! Sounds like he is keeping you on your toes :hugs:

I hope baby boy stays up!
I think little boy are just *made* to give their mama little heart attacks here and there.
(Watch him scare you like that and then go above 40 weeks!)

I know he will probably end up over due now lol! So far the contractions have died down again after some more meds, it's almost like when they wear off it starts up again, my bum is numb for all this monitoring lol! I may still be allowed to go home tomorrow afternoon, but only if these stay at a minimum and only if I promise not to lift a finger at home, how do I do that with 2 kiddies already lol impossible!

Oh no! Hopefully the meds work and little man stays out until 40 weeks like his sibling!! Hoping you get as much rest as possible and stay pregnant for at least another 6 weeks!! Hugs!

I'd be completely fine with him coming at 36 weeks as hes a pretty big lad at the moment! So I'm sure if he did come early he would have enough meat on him, but not until 36 weeks at least! Lol had another growth scan last night and at 30+3 hes measuring just under 5lb in weight, so if that's accurate at least even close by 36 weeks he should be more than fine to be delivered! And after the steroids and medication for his brain and nervous system, I'm sure hell fine coming a little bit early :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlzsmuzaffar
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->