Still Bleeding

TTC1983

Reaction score
I had a missed miscarriage at 10 weeks 5 days, this was diagnosed after i started having some brown discharge so i had an ultrasound where i discovered the bay stopped developing at 7 weeks 6 days. I was told to go away and return in 2 weeks for another ultrasound to see if it had all gone which i did. Unfortunately although i had bled the entire 2 weeks and been having contactions (although only in the middle of the night) the baby had gone and the sac had collapsed but was still there. I was again told to go away and come back in another 2 weeks which will be wed 18th and again i amstill bleeding but not particularly heavily. Has anyone else had it go on this long and not to be disgusting but what does the sac look like? Mine is breaking down and i have stringy blood sometimes when i go to the toilet, also i have not had a contraction since last Thursday. really i am just looking for people who have been through similar experiences.

Hi Hun

I am so sorry you are going through this and that it is taking so long for you :hugs:

I have just had a mmc but my body was showing no signs of doing anything at all to expel naturally so I had the medical management of miscarriage (tablet and pessaries to induce the mc). I can help for what the sac looks like as I passed mine intact - it is fleshy coloured and membrane-like. However, mine had not collapsed, came out still looking full of fluid. It was not transparent though but they did tell me later it had been a bit blood-filled so the blood may have taken away its transparency :shrug: I would say to look for a membrane-like tissue which is not the usual dark-red blood clot.

I hope your body sorts itself out for you soon hun :hugs: It has gone on too long for you now so I hope the docs sort something for you soon if you don't pass it naturally x

Thank you for replying. It would be really good to hear from someone else who has been through the same thing. I am still bleeding but my appointment for another ultrasound is Wednesday so i am hoping it will have finished by then or i have to ahve the operation.

Did you take any medicine? I have seen ladies post about meds or a d&c? I hope the bleeding stops soon so you can heal. Are you going to try soon after you stop? Or wait for AF? Good luck!

Hi hun,

I have been through something similar. I had a scan at just over 7 weeks which showed baby had stopped growing at 5+6. I chose a natural miscarriage. I started bleeding (not heavily) about 3 weeks later and had a scan at the hosp. They sent me home and like you told me to come back in 2 weeks. When I went back everything was the same so they told me to come back in 2 weeks again! I was still bleeding all this time. The bleeding then got heavier and I was passing some clots as you have said you are, but nothing massive. I had no pain throughout this apart from right at the very start of the bleeding, it lasted about 3 days and then no pain at all. When I went back for the 3rd scan they told me that the sac was breaking down finally and that it was moving, so they expected me to pass everything within 48 hours. This is what happened.

My bleeding did not stop though and carried on for a further 3 weeks until I phoned the EPU and told them that it was so bad that I was having to change my sanitary towel every hour. I went in and had a further scan and they could see something on the scan, but weren't sure if it was blood clots or tissue. The Dr said they wouldn't normally offer surgery for such a small amount showing on the scan, but that due to the drawn out length of time which I had been bleeding for, that they would offer me the option. I had an ERPC and the next day the bleeding had stopped. They tested all that they removed and I had a letter to say there was no tissue, so it was blood clots that caused the continuous bleeding.

I am sorry you are going through this hun. If you feel that you need to chat etc then do drop me a line. I know how difficult it became for me and after all those weeks I was considering medical intervention, as it felt like my body wasn't going to do it on its own. I just wanted to be able to start to move on from the miscarriage, and the constant bleeding was making it difficult. Thankfully it happened naturally in the end which was def the right thing for me.

take care hun xxxxx

Well i went back for another scan on Wednesday and no surprises there was still about 4cm left. Everything from then went really quickly i was taking into surgery that afternoon as they had a cancellation and if i didn't take it i would have had to wait another 6 days for a spot. So i had the ERPC and have had light spotting since. Hopefully this will soon stop and we can start to move on although we have been told not to TTC until after 1st period no sex at all for 2 weeks after operation so just more waiting before i can actually feel like i am doing something.

I'm glad they have finally sorted things for you hun, hopefully your spotting will end soon and you can start to move on :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->