Still Feel like she is so small

rockabillymom

Punk Rock Mama of 2
Reaction score
My LO is 17 weeks old and I still get asked if she is a newborn. Doctors seem to be impressed by her progress (she can roll over on her own, stand with just me holding her hands, pulls herself up to sit with my fingers, drinks 6oz every 3 hours, Hold her head up for long periods of time.) She was born at 36 weeks but was measuring 34 weeks in the womb when the took her out. She was 4lb 6oz 17 in and is up to 11 lbs 24 in. I just feel like she is still so tiny compaired to other 4 month olds.

https://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/247916_10150297851821929_589976928_9142275_3123415_n.jpg

awww she is SUCH a cutie!!!

I know it's hard but try not to compare here to other babies.. we all do it, but really we shouldn't. If the doctors are satisfied then all's good! She'll gain weight on her own good time. Besides in a few short months when she's crawling everywhere and causing havoc you'll wonder where your adorable tiny doll went .. I know I did :haha:

Haha I am definetly cherishing it. I just get a lot of comments from random people asking if she is a newborn of a couple weeks old so it makes me paranoid.

Not that we should compare but my TERM baby hadn't got to 11lb by 17 weeks!

She is now 23 weeks and is only 11lb 12oz. She was born 5lb 6oz but was erratic ar gaining weight due to a poor latch so wasn't even on the graph till 15wks old!!

She is perfect though, there is nothing now or ever was anything wrong with her. Take it easy and enjoy how cute she is, I reckon they'll be big soon and then we'll miss the times when they seemed so small!

heh I got the 'is he a newborn?' question up until 4-5 months. Since he was 3 months early, when people were nosy or mean I'd just answer "well he's 3 weeks old now. But was in the hospital for 3 months" then watch the utter confusion on their faces :tease:

Try not to worry about weight too much if she is developing well.

My lo is only 15lb 6oz at 17 1/2 months actual / 14 months corrected. She has been put on a high calorie milk but it isn't actually doing much for her weight gain but as she is developmentally fine they aren't too worried.

My LO is 9 months actual and is still only 12lbs. We constantly get the 'newborn' question although you can see people are puzzled as she is sitting up looking at them! I dont know if its something you ever get used to. She is meeting all her development milestones for her corrected age and is gaining weight so I am happy with that. It has taken me time though to stop comparing to other babies.

p.s You should see some of the looks we get when we are feeding her solids in public!! lol, but thats another story!

I would agree with what the others have said.

Sophie was only 7lbs 13oz at 4 months actual, and she was about 10-11lbs at 4 months corrected! It sounds like she's doing great in the way of development so I wouldn't worry :hugs: She's so cute! x

Shes absolutely gorgeous. My LO is still tiny and people assume she's newborn too. Doctors are happy though and as with you that's the main thing so don't worry.

First of all your daughter is such a cutie pie!!! Congrats on all the milestones she has achieved! As many others have said as long as the Dr is happy with her development that is what is important. It does get frustrating when people (including family) continually comment about how small the baby is.

I think we all go through the what would she/he weigh look like if she/he had gone to term. I know I am guilty of this and struggle everyday not to make comparisons. My neighbor who lives across from me had her daughter on the same day I had mine. My daughter is now 6lbs and her daughter is about 11lbs (and they are not yet 2mos old). I think your daughter is cute and healthy and the healthy part is the most important!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->