Still have pain two and a half weeks later.

_jellybean_

Reaction score
Hi :flower: So happy they have this section now!

I had a section on the 27th, almost three weeks ago. It wasn't bad. The first time the doctor tried to put in the epidural, it hurt so he did it again. The surgery itself was okay. I got a headache (severe) during, but the doctor said it was from my blood pressure. I didn't see my son until a few hours afterwards, because of the pain. The next day getting out of bed was tough, and I did scream a few times, but I was discharged 48 hours later and felt a ton better by then.

My son was in the nicu for two weeks, so literally three days after my section was when I started going back and forth to the hospital each day for two straight weeks, which meant being out of the house at least 11 1/2 hours per day.

I bled a lot, and for the first week and a half or so the blood **TMI** would just come running out of me in a stream after I peed.

Recently I stopped bleeding but then today blood came pouring out of me, running down my leg, but I only filled up half a pad.

I'm still having pain though, and it has just (like in the past half hour--was just telling DH about it) gotten a bit worse! I have what I believe is nerve pain. My skin around the incision (which is about 9 inches) burns. My insides still hurt.

I'm wondering if I didn't think the pain was that bad for the first two weeks because I had so much adrenalin from my son being in the nicu. What do you think?

Ugh. Frustrated. Thank you so much.

Just reread my post, and oh why do I keep saying it wasn't that bad? It was difficult to deal with, but having my son I guess makes looking back on it seem like it wasn't that bad.

You had a major op, just 2 weeks ago....Go easy on yourself :flower:

I was still in discomfort (id call it, more than pain) for some time after the birth....Especially if I did too much :blush:

Try & take it easy & dont expect too much, too soon :hugs:

Of course, if its bad pain, I would recommend seeing a Doctor ~ As you shouldnt really be getting worse :winkwink:

Sounds perfectly normal to me, hun. You've had major surgery (I think most people forget this, I know I did and in laws did too expecting me to be up running a marathon the next day sort of thing! :dohh:) but it's normal for the pain to last this long, your body is healing. This is why they say you shouldn't drive for 6 weeks as the pain can be too much to drive safely and do an emergency stop etc. My pain definitely got worse if I did too much.

I bled heavily for 4 weeks and then it stopped. If you're worried take a visit to your GP. As long as there isn't any offensive smell/discharge coming from your wound (which would indicate infection) it sounds normal to me.

Go easy on yourself, easier said than done with a newborn I know! :hugs:

Thank you so much! I keep having to put him down because it hurts so much when he sits on my belly. I appreciate all of the help. :hugs:

Have you got a feeding support type pillow? I have a widgey pillow. It helped me no end by keeping DD off my wound and meant I could still hold her as and when I liked :)

It'll get better :hugs: xx

Hi there,
We had sections and our sons on the same day, congratulations! I hope your LO is doing much better now, it must have been so difficult visiting him in the hospital and worrying about him.

I still get days were my wound and insides feel as sore, if not more so, than right after the operation. It's almost as if it's burning inside and the outside is very itchy. I asked my health visitor about this and she said that its just everything fusing back together. Although I'd check with your GP if you are worried. My bleeding is also worse if I try to do too much, so try to take it easy and just enjoy your LO and get someone else to fetch and carry for you!

I would suggest looking at the pain meds you are taking - you should be taking them if you're not. I only got through the first 6 weeks of my section by keeping on top of the pain.

I assume you were discharged with some pain relief? On top of that i would suggest taking paracetomol and neurafen - alternate them and i think you take them every 4 - 6 hours - including during the night. I was recommend doing this by the drs in the hospital and was advised that it will not affect the baby if you are breastfeeding. It's worth doing as if you are pain free you will feel so much better.

I had mine 5 weeks ago and still in pain and can't bend down.
Althoughy incision was infected and taking antibiotics. I'm along way off from being recovered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->