Still having leaks?

Rebaby

Mum to 2 boys
Reaction score
When we first started using our cloth nappies and had some issues with leaks i figured it to be because they hadn't been pre-washed enough (only once) and hadn't reached maximum absorbency, or because Toby was still so small...but weeks down the line, he is now 12lb 9oz and i feel like they have all been through the wash a million times each :wacko: and yet we're still having leaks, mainly around the leg hole kind of area, and bad enough that his vest and sometimes whole outfit will have to be changed :dohh:

We're using bum genius V3's mainly but also have 3 bum genius organic AIO's, although it doesn't seem to make a difference which he's wearing- we've had leaks with both.

I change his nappy at least every 4 hours and normally even more often than that- particularly if i have heard him poop and know it's dirty. We have both types of leak by the way- often just wet but sometimes poo as well.

Does anyone have any ideas what i am doing wrong?

it could be that its not the right shape for your little one..or that its too big/small..i often get leaks if Daisy is ready for a nappy to go up a rise setting.....could you try a different brand/style of nappy ...you might find that the BG cut just doesnt work for your LO's shape:hugs:

My guess would be he doesnt suit Bumgenius nappies. Id be looking at trying some different makes, Im not sure what to suggest as I havent had the experience to know what would suit a baby leaking out of BGs....id probably look at trying some 2 parters though, maybe some sized nappies, swaddlebees or Fuzzi Bunz probably.

It could be the fit, yes. How do you have the BG configured? At that sort of weight I had the insert folded to the shortest snap and the cover also snapped up to the small setting. I also always use the booster insert.

Try tinkering with the options but if you are still having problems it may just be that you need to try a different brand :hugs:

Thanks for the quick replies :D

We just went up to the next row of poppers and now i am wondering if maybe we have moved too fast and we'd be better back on the smallest setting :shrug:

Toby does have a big belly compared to his thighs but i am really REALLY hoping it's not a case of the nappies not suiting his shape because all we have are BG's (13 of them!) :wacko:

yeah it could be to do with gaps around the thighs...i'd try putting him down a snapper and see how that goes..also try either putting more inserts in or changing him a little more often....:hugs:

sara

xxxx

also if you find others fit him better you can always sell on your unwanted BG's hun that way you're not loosing so much :hugs:

Ok, i think i'll try going back down a popper size and putting the extra insert in for a couple of days :thumbup:

I'll let you know how we get on!

Good luck, if it doesnt work let me know, I have several different types of nappy and would be more than happy to let you borrow some different ones to try on him (off the top of my head swaddlebees, fuzzibunz, tots bots bamboozles, Kushies, itti bitti in sizes that will do 12/13lbs.)

I also wouldn't necessarily give up on the BGs forever though- Emma had some ebay cheapies that leaked horribly around the leg openning so I put them away for a while. I just tried them out again last week and they work great now that she is 18lbs and has chubby thighs. It's so frustrating to be changing an outfit at every diaper change- especially if it's a good quality diaper that has good reviews from most people. I hope you are able to sort out the fit or find something else that works well for Toby!

I just wanted to revisit this and say that since going back down a snap and using the larger insert things have been much much better :thumbup:

I've also bought 3 small fuzzi bunz too which we've been having a success with, in fact it's been so much better that he's hardly spent any time in disposables at all- he is still put in one to go to bed but that's it :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->