Still leaking milk 4 weeks after giving birth?

HLx

Mummy to Layla, George & Enzo <3
Reaction score
My baby is formula fed and my milk dried up in the first few days as my boobs were hard as rocks and very painful, however a few times a day I have huge wet patches on my top where I'm leaking milk!

Is this normal? It never happened with my other two children once the milk dried up that was it!

I didn’t get any breast milk with DDs at all no leaking etc ! Then suddenly just started leaking with DS it was so strange having not dealt with it before! It did dry up around 6 weeks or so.

Some ladies just take longer to dry up. Hopefully it's stopped now :)

I was worried because I was being bridesmaid when DS was 5 weeks old ! Kept having dreams of my boobs leaking when on the alter :shock::haha:

Omg Enzo will be 7 weeks now on tuesday and I'm still leaning milk! It's not as bad as it was but I still get a few drops on my tshirts! So strange as I have never even breastfed and it looked like they dried up in the first week as my boobs were swollen and sore, but nope 7 weeks on and I'm still leaking! My mum thinks I need to go to the doctor to get some medication (cant remember what ones) to try and dry me up again :haha: the health visitor said why dont I try and attach the baby to see if he will drink, but only now Enzo is feeding really well and it settled on his formula so I wouldn't disrupt him, plus it would feel really wrong to do this now, and a bit abnormal:haha:

I’m not sure but it’s strange you say this as my boobs have been overproducing milk this time (also 3rd) so they have been so sore and swollen which I never had Ruth my first 2. In fact last time I worried they were empty so polar opposite this time. maybe it’s a third baby thing?
Try Savoy cabbage leaves in your bra.

I’m not sure but it’s strange you say this as my boobs have been overproducing milk this time (also 3rd) so they have been so sore and swollen which I never had Ruth my first 2. In fact last time I worried they were empty so polar opposite this time. maybe it’s a third baby thing?
Try Savoy cabbage leaves in your bra.

Cabbage leaves?! :rofl: what does that do? You know what my boobs are not even sore or swollen and doesnt even look like milk should be coming out! They get so tingly though when DS is due a feed and that's when the drops come out, I'm going to ask the health visitor today when she comes, surely almost 7 weeks later isnt normal for milk to be coming out when I've never breastfed :haha:

Cabbage leaves are meant to dry up milk. Don’t ask me how! Just stick them cold out of the fridge in your bra apparently. I’ve never done it but heard it can work.

hope your little one is getting on ok. Nice to have a break from school run madness isn’t it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->