Still no news on my booking appointment UK

baileybubs

Reaction score
When did other ladies find out when your booking appointment was in relation to first seeing your GP?

I first saw my GP over 2 weeks ago (which I know isn't that long) but I am dying to know when my booking appointment is because, and here's the crucial point, I don't get to book my 12 week scan until I go to my booking appointment!!

Impatience is driving me mad with everything now, I want to hear baby on the doppler, I want to have my booking appointment and get my appointment with the consultant so I can discuss vbac, I want to have my scan and see my baby!! Oh and I want it to be Christmas coz I love Christmas lol!!

Sorry for the rant there I just feel like time has stood still this last week!!

Ha!! I know how you feel! I was told to ring the midwife at 8 weeks, which I've done, but they can't see me til I'm nearly 12 weeks?! So my booking appt is on the Monday and my 12 week scan appt is on the Friday - crazy!! I did chase up my scan appt as I hadn't heard anything and my gp sent off for it - I still haven't had a letter but when I phoned up they said they had me down for an appt?! I think if I don't have a letter by Friday I will chase again!

I'm impatient too!!!

I spoke to my GP over the phone and she filled in a questionnaire, and then I had to ring back up and book my booking appointment with the midwives myself, did you do that? Not sure if it's the same everywhere. Basically I had to say 'can you put in a referral to the midwives for me please' and she did whatever she needed to do on the system and then I got a letter. My appointment is this Tuesday when I'm 8+4. When we lived up North with my first pregnancy though I didn't have a booking appointment till 10 weeks xxx

Mine's next week - my GP said they usually wait until you have missed 2 periods xx

Ha, I feel your pain! I'm only 13 DPO (but with several + tests under my belt) and saw my GP two days ago (for something else). I mentioned my pregnancy and she said she'd refer me to my OB-GYN and it's only 48 hours later and already I'm thinking "why aren't they calling?" :haha:

I went to see my dr at 4 weeks and she tild me to make an appointment for 8 weeks on my way out. Did the same all 3 times!

I remember my last 2 pregnancies I had my booking in appointments at 8 weeks and 9 weeks but I already knew about them much earlier. I've actually seen a midwife for the referral to the midwives (confusing, I know!!) but I saw the GP, who did all the weight, BP etc and urine sample to confirm. Then she said to book into the MW clinic at the surgery on Thursdays (which I did and saw them a week ago) and my form was filled in for referral by the MW then (which I thought the GP had already done).

So now I am just waiting on my letter for my booking in appt. Hoping it's soon coz I'm 12 weeks on Christmas Day so I know scans will be limited in number around that time and don't want it to be too much into the new year!

Wow that sounds so confusing lol. I never did a urine test to confirm last time round and didn't see anyone till ten weeks, and I've not actually seen ANYONE in person yet this time round, I've just got my booking appointment next week xx

maybe look online for your closest hospital. We hav have a self referral/booking number and i called myself. Maybe try again?

I might pop in tomorrow to my GP surgery coz it's the midwives clinic there tomorrow, just check what's going on. Just seems like such a pain this time!
I've recently moved and changed doctors and it was so much easier last time!

When I saw my gp at 4 weeks, they told me to book into the mw clinic when I'm 8 weeks pregnant. I did the same with both my boys too (approx 8 weeks) x

I didn't even see my GP. We ring the midwife unit at the hospital in town. I rang when got a positive test, booked in at 7 weeks and then got a letter with my scan date xx

Eurgh so it just seems to be my local midwives that take forever lol! I'm glad I didn't leave it any later to go and tell my GP I'm pregnant!

I had my doc appt last Friday and she booked my appt there and then and I go on the 3rd I will be 7 weeks then

At my surgery, you just ring for an appointment with the midwife and they don't specify how far along you have to be. I never went to my gp with my last pregnancy at all. And yes you have to have you booking appointment before you can get a scan. Amazing how different it all works in different parts of the UK.

It's daft coz I've now seen the GP and a midwife who have both weighed me, took my BP, asked me the same questions and both supposedly referred me for my booking appointment and yet I've still not got it lol!! I'm hoping after all this moaning about it tonight my letter will turn up in the post tomorrow haha!

Mine is when i'm 9.5 wks, on 18th december. Havent seen anyone so far and wont til then (all going well). I have a private scan booked for 10 weeks though so i can see bubs as i'm 12 wks the first week after new yr so i think theyll be busy playin catch up on scans from the festive period so itll be after 12 wks they get round to me x

Well I didn't get a letter but I got a phone call from my doctors. Apparently they lost my info from seeing the midwife last week so have nothing to send the hospital for my booking in referral. They have no more appointments today for the MW to get my referral complete so I have to wait til next Thursday to see her so that once again they can take my BP, urine sample, weigh me and ask me all the same questions!!! This will be the third time now coz the GP did the same before she told me to book in with the MW!!
I don't get why the GP just doesn't do the referral!
Why do I have to see a midwife in order to be referred to the midwives??!

So now I'll be 9 weeks when I see the MW just for my referral so will be at least 10-11 weeks before my booking in appt meaning my scan probably won't be til I'm 13-14 weeks coz it's Christmas! Booooo!

Good job I've booked myself a private scan at 11 weeks, I knew my scan would end up being in the new year and I just couldn't handle going all through Christmas period now knowing if all was ok (I had a MMC last year and baby died at 11 weeks, I was almost 13 weeks by the time I had the medically induced miscarriage).

I filled in the self referral form at the GP for the midwife 3 weeks ago, and still haven't had a date for my booking in appointment with the midwife. My form got lost the first time and I rang again on Wednesday and the midwife confirmed they had me on their records now, and if I hadn't heard anything by next Wed (when I will be 9+3), to call again. They didn't seem in any hurry at all to see me.

Like everyone else, I am keen to make sure there is time for my scan (I'm 36 so want to make sure we are in the window for NT etc), ideally before Christmas so we can announce at Christmas.

I'm just as impatient I went to the gp about 10-14 days ago and still no letter the last time I was preg I had to go online and book the appointment myself but it seems to have changed this time round I hope I get one soon!

And that is pants how they have messed you around how very annoying! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->