Still not crawling :-(

embo216

Mummy to 3 <3
Reaction score
Ok so Lily is 9 and a half months old now and shes still not crawling or pulling herself up or anything!

Im starting to panic here, and I know everyone says she'll do it in her own time, but I worry she wont.

Shes been behind in everything really, smiling, sitting up she did get in the end though.

She has a really really good reach on her and i do try a lot to get down to her level and encourage her. She'd rather just sit there and play with the floor:dohh:

Could anyone give me some hope maybe, that their baby was a very late crawler too??

:cry:

Is she pulling herself along at all? If she is pulling herself in any way (getting from one spot to another on her own) it's considered crawling.
Colton was dragging himself around 7mo. But didn't start crawling on his hands and knees until about 2 weeks ago.

she might not even crawl, hun some babys dont and they find different ways off getting around, my lilly crawls in funny ways lol, on her feet and hands, on her haands and knees, she also sits on her bum and shuffles and now, learning to stand, but as a baby i didnt crawl at all i just got up and walked hahahaha, she will decide want she wants to do, but you could try putting her in the crawling postion to encourage her to crawl and move her hands then her knees i used to do that, but if she finds another way of getting around i would leave her, like march baby said any movement is classed as a crawl really. xxxx

A lot of babies will skip the crawling all together, and go straight to walking. But, its definately something to talk to your doctor about.

Is she pulling herself along at all? If she is pulling herself in any way (getting from one spot to another on her own) it's considered crawling.
Colton was dragging himself around 7mo. But didn't start crawling on his hands and knees until about 2 weeks ago.

she gets on her front easily and today started to wiggle backwards to get a newspaper. she can turn great when shes on her front. xx

she might not even crawl, hun some babys dont and they find different ways off getting around, my lilly crawls in funny ways lol, on her feet and hands, on her haands and knees, she also sits on her bum and shuffles and now, learning to stand, but as a baby i didnt crawl at all i just got up and walked hahahaha, she will decide want she wants to do, but you could try putting her in the crawling postion to encourage her to crawl and move her hands then her knees i used to do that, but if she finds another way of getting around i would leave her, like march baby said any movement is classed as a crawl really. xxxx

thanks hun, i will definetly put her in that position tomorrow. she does actually prefer standing up, lets hope she does just walk!

sounds like she is doing great to me hun, i wouldnt worry at all. xxx

A lot of babies will skip the crawling all together, and go straight to walking. But, its definately something to talk to your doctor about.

I hope so, I might speak to my HV, see what she says, I read online that if they dont crawl by 11 months its time to seek medical advise, so I was waiting till then to really panic!

Average age, and normal range, are two different thing. I'll try and find you the article I read x

https://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0816/is_/ai_n21053626

I know a few babies that don't crawl but they skip this stage and just stand up and walk.

I saw plenty of babies who didnt crawl till around 1sh... they generally either didn't end up cawling, or didn't crawl long before walkng.

Its important she still gets plenty of tummy time, but no pressure, she'll do what she wants when shes ready!

oh i thought my baby couldnt crawl because he just pulls himself around everywhere lol .. i guess its his kind of crawling lol , and today he got from on his tummy to a sitting position :D:D .. and pull himself to stand up on the cot :shock: guess its going to need put down :( lol , hun ciaran nearly 10 mo and jus startd these things just wait it out and encourage her :hugs: ciaran still has not got any teeth :shock: lol

:hugs: i no its hard but try not to worry, she sounds like she's doing great honey :hugs: x x x

Don't panic yet!!! I went from shuffling on my bottom everywhere to walking!!! No crawling at all.

My sisters daughter did the same and she didn't walk until she was 18 months, she could, but she couldn't be bothered!!! Doctors tested her and said there was absolutely nothing wrong with her and she would do it when she wanted. Don't panic just yet :0

i never crawled at all either!!!!

i wouldnt worry hun she sounds like shes doing great! :hug:

I never crawled at all ..I just got up one day and started holding onto furniture I was 10 months

Hannah cant crawl on her hands and knees but gets around on her bum! She just hasn't got the knack of getting her leg under her bum when she tries to get on all fours. She has been able to walk supported since she was seven months though so she may just give the hands and knees stage a miss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->