Still sicky baby at 8 months?

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Caitlins still quite a sicky baby has godo weeks then back to square one where after every bottle your almost guarenteed she will be ill & thi sis even after her food time (fruit pots/main meal) ...can NEVER put her on the floor to play so she gets pissy stuck on your knee or in her walker but even then she can be sick quite a bit so that method doesn't do much other than save the carpet so an hour later maybe let her play on the floor ...but her tummy hasnt settled and she'll usually be sick anyway!

Normal for an 8 month old?!

x

I'm not sure hon, I can't say that happened with Drake. Have you brought it up with the doctor?

I've always heard that it should stop when you start weaning them. Whats her doctor say about it?

lilly like that shes 6 months next week, the health visitor said that its the muscle at the top of the stomache a reflux or somethin some babies r bad n have to have special milk. they told meto put gavisgone in her bottles. she said babies take different times for the muscle to get strong but i dont know if its still supposed to be like this now :s xxx

Dec was a really sicky and when I say really I mean REALLY he was sick after every bottle loads, but when I started to wean him he stopped, but my sis-in-law her little one is 13 months and he still throws up lots after a meal he has to stay in his high chair for ages cuz if she lets him down he will explode!!! lol she spoke to her HV and consultant who seems to think it is fine, dont know the full story but she was told not to worry some babies digest better than others.

I posted something very similar to this last week. Olivia is still very sickly, I can garuntee she will be sick after every feed (solids & bottle). I know Olivia is a few weeks younger than Caitlin mind but its something that has been playing on my mind for a while if I should be concerned or not. Im at the drs tomoro for myself but im going to ask him about it any way,

I'll let you know what they say,

x

I wouldn't worry too much. Is it just the milky sick rather than actual proper sick?

Mine were both quite sicky and it just gradually improved after we weaned them. It took a while...maybe till they were 10 months or so for it to pretty much stop.

Tom used to sick up just being strapped into his car seat before we were even in car! It's all stopped now although we went out straight after lunch today and Tom managed to sick up all down himself in the car.

I dont know since Erica is obv much younger still, but I hope it gets better. Erica has started getting sicky, and its awful.

My cousin daughter is 11 months old and she spits up all the time, they took her to a gastro doctor and they said some babies are like that. I think she's fine, unless she acts like she's in pain after she does it(?)

See last night on he rlast feed she was being really whingy and she was sick all over herself which was her dinner time food I assumed trapped gas made that happen. Hmmmm Im gonna ring HV in morning now I've actually typed that! I try not to be apanicing Mum ....

Wobbs, is Caitlin on Gaviscon or anything? I have been told it should settle down once they start solids, but Ryan is still quite sicky as well - especially every time he goes on his belly - Not that he cares, mind!

lol funny u just said that wobbles i was just going to comeon and post that lillys just threw up a whole bottle all over herself and me, down my top the lot! eeeewwww! x

Kayleigh was like that, even whne weaned she sicked up after a food/milk.

In the end I got fed up of running round after her with a cloth & carpet cleaner & took her to see Dr.

He gave us infant gaviscon & its made a huge difference.
She still has a little sicky burp sometimes, but not often.
We get through 2 sachets a day, he said as she gets older she'll grow out of it.

Do wish I'd gone to Dr's earlier.

Def see what HV says, but ours just said take to see GP!

im going to go dr then do u get the gavisgone free on prescription? x

Yeah its free hun.

We go thru a box of 30 sachets every 2 weeks.

We have it on repeat, so after a week, just tick box on repeat slip, drop it off @ docs and 2 days later ready to go.

Has Caitlin Got reflux? Joe had this very bad till he was 15 months :( He was on zantac and had to have his milk thickened.

Is Caitlin sitting up yet? It does get abit better after this stage. Katie did have a small degree of it (sick once a day for maybe 6-7 months, with joe he was sick 6-7 times)

It does get better, and should do soon; you'll probably just notice some day that Caitlin hasnt been sick for a week or so:cloud9:

hopefully soon hun:hugs:

I don't know Mamafy :| Bad Mummy? :( Maybe she does more Ive read on it ... he sits up on her own a bit but shes always well mostly sat up in her toys when we let her crawl around playing we just know shes going to be sicky! We do let her btw :lol: just keep finding spots of sick over my carpet!

I'll talk to HV - she has appointment on 8th August not sure if I should wait!

You are so not a bad mummy, Katie has probably improved this last month or 2 and then she had a bug:dohh: but she has been sick-free for about a week now:happydance:

Hun if you're concerned dont wait, ring the hv and voice your concerns:hugs:

We don't have dropins - HV says shes doesn't like them appointment only! Not sure now I think about it thats the best way for her to do this so I'll give her a call!

Caitlin threw upi everywhere last night :(

I explained everything from little sickys to big sickys a couple of times, how we don't put her on the floor much (to play) without an hour of sitting up either with us in waler etc but almost sure something will happen the normal playing with her as OH was playing around etc with her last night before night time bottle and she was ill then ill again badly inbetween her last feed and she said it shouldn't be like that definately and told me to ring the quacks ...

Shes an appointment for 4pm

Said it sounds like she should definately needs some treatment and probably reflux!

Feeling bit bad about it but we were always told her sicky would pass!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->